Talley & Twine wants to upgrade your style. They want you to buy a watch from the “World’s Best Dressed Watch Company.” Now, I am going to say that it is pretty unlikely that Talley & Twine is the world’s best dressed watch company. Maybe they are, but I have my doubts. Buying a watch from them will not put you on a list of 10 best dressed gentlemen. But the Worley Chronograph that is available now on Kickstarter is a pretty nice looking watch. I would hazard that it could possibly make you a better dressed, depending on what else you might have available to put on your wrist.
The project page is light on the actual watch details (there are a few more details in the comments), other than it uses a Miyota movement with two eyes (6S11 to be precise), a 46mm face (50mm case perhaps?), and a stainless steel case, all with your choice of a NATO strap to finish it off. The crystal is hardened mineral glass. For the functionality, the sub dial at 6:00 is the second hand, while the large second hand and the minute sub dial at 12:00 take care of the chronograph functions.
The face itself is very clean and nicely done, with silver beads for the indices, minute markings on the internal bezel, and a lone 7 marking the time. Why 7? I don’t know. They do give a e-copy of “7 Deadly Style Sins,” so maybe that is the connection, or maybe they just like 7:00 for cocktail hour. They have a pretty lofty goal of $24,550 for getting the watch off the ground, but the individual watch rewards are very accessible, starting now at $125 (the $99 level is sold out) for a watch with one strap or $150 for a watch with 2 straps.
- Brand & Model: Talley & Twine Worley Chronograph
- Price: $150 – $225 USD (depending on when you buy)
- Who we think it might be for: Someone looking for a clean looking chronograph
- Would I buy one for myself based on what I’ve seen?: No, but only because it is a quartz. I do like the look of the watch.
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: Non-NATO strap options
- What spoke to me the most about this watch: The clean look.