Gustafsson & Sjögren, GoS Watches, is a wee boutique brand out of Scandinavia that is manufacturing some really beautiful watches, most of them featuring Damascus Steel. Though the original method of making this steel has been lost to history, modern metallurgy has created beautiful and intricate blades by forge welding and twisting iron bars of differing composition. GoS has been using this material for their watches for some time, and the results are quite striking. Starting this month, the brand is offering a “gentleman’s folding knife” to complement their watches.
The knife is a 125mm (5″) lockback, with Scandinavian amber used for the handle, along with a tang and blade of the modern Damascus Steel. With the set (you can get it complement a watch you already have, or get it as an option with new orders), a wooden display stand is included, with holders for both the watch and the knife. If you are interested in a GoS watch, the knife makes a logical and striking pairing. goswatches.com
- Brand & Model: GoS Matching Knife Upgrade
- Who we think it might be for: Lovers of Damascus Steel
- Would I buy or recommend it just on the photos?: Yes.
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: Options for the handle material.
- What spoke to me the most about this item: I love the look of the folded steel.