TokyoFlash is Back With An Acetate Console
Hey, remember back in November when we told you about the Kisai Console from TokyoFlash? In that post, I talked about how the watch was a perfect mashup of Seventies woodgrain and SciFi conventions on displays. Well, they went back to the drawing board, and instead, we’ve now got a full on future watch.
The watch is pretty much unchanged from it’s initial version, in terms of functionality. It’s got a battery that’s rechargeable via USB, it tells you the time, and you can get some nifty animations at night (for the full run-down on things, check out the original post).
In this new iteration, though, gone away is the wood (and woodgrain). Instead, you get sleek acetate, in the oh-so-futuristic shiny white (seriously – most cheesy scifi films I remember from growing up had rooms made entirely of shiny white surfaces).
Intended or not, this manages to give the watch a much sleeker look, and seems like it makes things a bit more compact. For those looking to pick up a white-cased watch for the summer, this might be a fun one to play around with. Move fast, as for the next 12 hours or so, you can pick it up (here) at the introductory price of $99 (after which, I assume it’s going to go up to $129). tokyoflashjapan.com
- Brand & Model: TokyoFlash Kisai Console Acetate
- Price: $99 (introductory; going up to $129)
- Who we think it might be for: Someone who fashions themselves as a scifi-loving hipster
- Would I buy one for myself based on what I’ve seen?: While I’ve been known to watch many a starship console on the screen, the white finish on this one makes it a no-go for me
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: I’m glad to see the woodtone swapped out for some more variety – perhaps a darker (or more colorful) acetate finish would be nice
- What spoke to me the most about this watch: The watch dial that’s straight out of ST:TNG