It’s the end of the year, and there are definitely bargains and discounts to be found. Some of these you have to do quite a bit of searching; this one, however, we’re serving up on a silver platter for you.
For the month of December, Prometheus will be selling their Manta Ray at the following discounts:
- ~$700 inside the EU / ~$580 outside of the EU (down from $900/$740)
- With each purchase, a ~$26 donation will be made to the NGO Refúgio Aboim Ascensão
So, you’re getting a deal, and a warm feeling from being able to help out a charity. Both good things, in and of themselves, but what of the watch that’s involved? (For reference, John liked it in this post when it was at $900…)
The watch itself is a classically-chunky diver – in some part aesthetically, I’m sure, but also for a practical reason as well – the watch is rated to 1001 meters of water resistance. Along with that crazy number, you get the following:
- ETA 2824-2 movement with hacking seconds
- Case: stainless steel; 44.5mm
- Bracelet: 22mm stainless steel; adjusted with hex-head fasteners; diver’s extension
- Screw down crown
- Interchangeable, 120-click unidirectional bezels
- Sapphire crystal with AR coating on both sides
- C3 SuperLuminova on the numbers and hands
All in all, this is a serious, Swiss-made watch ready to take on some crazy depths. For those of us not likely to see anything deeper than the local pool, it still provides an attractive dive-watch option that will stand up to the “rigors” of daily life.