You know me, I seem to have a thing from “odd” countries – those places no one really thinks of when it comes to watches. As I write this, I’ve got a different Icelandic watch on my wrist, but perhaps one day I’ll have the please of seeing something from JS Watch Co in the steel. If that were the case, something like the JS Watch Co 101 10 Year Edition would be a lovely time.
For me, the JS Watch Co 101 10 Year Edition ticks off a lot of the right boxes. Compact sizing? Yeah, 38.5mm x 10.3mm thick does that. Dress watch style? Let’s see – polish on the case, lancet hands, and a clean color palette (black or antique white) covers that nicely. A lovely (and serviceable) movement? Yeah, that’s covered here as well (a Soprod M100 Top Grade movement, for those curious). And last, one of my personal new favorite details, a fluted bezel.
Now, why is the JS Watch Co 101 10 Year Edition called what it’s called? Well, back when it was 2015, it marked 10 years of the 101 collection being in existence, and it was at that 10 year mark that the dial colors (Shown here) were introduced. So, it’s not a new watch, per se, but that’s ok. You see, with dress watches, somewhat timeless looks work in your favor, as you can wear them for years and years and not have it look odd.
And, that sort of thing is a good thing indeed when you consider that you’re going to be putting down about $2,200 down on the barrel. Not a small chunk of change, but it looks like it’s perfectly in line for what you’re getting here – a well-sorted (and -designed), Swiss-powered dress watch that should last you for a good, long time. It may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but for me, I’m drinking it up. jswatchco.com
- Brand & Model: JS Watch Co 101 10 Year Edition
- Price: ~$2,200 (2242 EUR less the 19.35% Icelandic VAT)
- Who we think it might be for: Well, someone who has similar tastes to me, I guess!
- Would I buy one for myself based on what I’ve seen? Not that I need a dress watch, but yeah, this is a lovely one
- What I would change: I wouldn’t mind seeing some little lume pips hit in there somewhere
- What spoke to me the most about this watch: The timeless design
Tech Specs from JS Watch Co
- Swiss Made Mechanical movement “Execution Top”
- Automatic winding
- 25 jewels, Custom decorations, Blue screws and Rhodium plated finish.
- 42-hour power reserve when fully wound.
- Fine tuning: “Assortment Chronometer”.
- Shock protection: Incabloc.
- Adjusted to five positions.
- Material: Surgical grade German Stainless Steel “316L”.
- Diameter: 38.5mm, height 10.3mm.
- Surface finish: Highly polished.
- Curved Sapphire Crystal with multi anti reflective coating on the inside.
- See-through Sapphire Crystal back.
- Water-resistance: 5 ATM.
- Lug width: 20mm
- Black with hand applied Rhodium plated indexes.
- Antic White with hand applied Rhodium plated indexes.
- Date display at six o’clock.
- Rhodium plated hands in Lancette style
- Handmade 20mm Ostrich or Ostrich leg with JS Watch co. Reykjavik buckle or optional deployment clasp.
- Steel bracelet also available.
Thank you for reading this WristWatchReview post. With so many things competing for everyone’s attention these days, we really appreciate you giving us your time. We work hard every day to put quality content out there for our community.
WristWatchReview is one of the few remaining truly independent watch news outlets. We do not have a giant corporation behind us, and we rely heavily on our community to support us, in an age when advertisers are increasingly uninterested in sponsoring small, independent watch sites — especially a site like ours that is unwilling to pull punches in its reporting and analysis. We don't play the games the other sites play and we've paid for it when it comes to ad revenue.
We would love for you to support us on Patreon and every little bit helps. Thank you.
–The WWR Team