The designs from Mr. Jones have often been quite colorful and playful, but this is the first one I can recall seeing that looks like it was lifted from an intricate tile mosaic set down by a master artisan. Meet the Mr. Jones The Silent Thief.
As with many of their watches, the Mr. Jones The Silent Thief is a play on words. The dial features a magpie, a bird fond of stealing all sorts of shiny things. So, there’s one silent thief. The other? Well, that’s time, of course. At first glance, you might not see how you can tell the time, but look for the two yellow orbs. Those are discs that would be indicating the hour and minute as the day goes about.
All of this is powered by the Swiss STP1-11 automatic movement, which is a step up from the movements we’ve seen them use in the past. This is no doubt contributing to the higher price than what we’re used to see from the brand. That price? $575 for this wearable artwork. If you want to pick one up, head on over to mrjoneswatches.com
Tech Specs from Mr. Jones
- Size: large
- Mechanism: STP1-11 Swiss made automatic mechanical
- Glass: sapphire (hard-wearing)
- Case: stainless steel
- Width (3 o’clock to 9 o’clock): 45mm
- Height (from lug to lug): 53mm
- Thickness (including glass): 13mm
- Waterproof: yes! 5ATM (leather will wear fast when exposed to water)
- Band: 22mm 100% leather
- Guarantee: 12 months – any problems after this time, we’ll be happy to help