I can’t speak for every member of the WWR staff, but for me, I think Oris is a brand that is overlooked far too often. They’ve been creating solid and well-designed watches for ages now, and have all manner of interesting ties into the aviation industry from which their watches draw inspiration. Their latest celebrates a Botswana aeromedical rescue organization – the Oris Okavango Air Rescue Limited Edition.
The Okavango Air Rescue is providing a critical service in a sparsely populated part of the world, getting medical attention and services where they need to go. So, it makes sense that Oris would choose to partner with them for this special edition, bringing focus to the mission OAR is on, particularly as they mark 10 years in existence.
For this release, the Oris Okavango Air Rescue Limited Edition started it’s design life as an Oris Big Crown ProPilot – which means you can check our review to get a sense of how it will fit. The big change here is the dial. Between it’s color and it’s texture, it really evokes a natural feel, perhaps tall stands of grass.
The Oris Okavango Air Rescue Limited Edition is limited to 2,100 pieces, runs $2,500 and comes in a leather travel pouch. Also of note? You get two straps, one leather, and one textile, designed by none other than Erika’s Originals. oris.ch
Tech Specs from Oris
- Case Multi-piece stainless steel case Size 41.00 mm (1.614 inches)
- Dial Green
- Luminous material Hands and indices with Super-LumiNova®
- Top glass Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
- Case back Stainless steel, screwed, special engravings
- Operating devices Stainless steel screw-in security crown
- Strap Green textile strap created by Erika’s Originals exclusively for Oris. Supplied with an additional brown leather strap
- Water resistance 10 bar (100 m)
- Number Oris 751
- Functions Centre hands for hours, minutes and seconds, date window, instantaneous date, date corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
- Winding Automatic
- Power reserve 38 hours
- Limited edition Limited to 2,011 pieces, each delivered in a leather travel pouch
- Swiss retail price CHF 2,300
Thank you for reading this WristWatchReview post. With so many things competing for everyone’s attention these days, we really appreciate you giving us your time. We work hard every day to put quality content out there for our community.
WristWatchReview is one of the few remaining truly independent watch news outlets. We do not have a giant corporation behind us, and we rely heavily on our community to support us, in an age when advertisers are increasingly uninterested in sponsoring small, independent watch sites — especially a site like ours that is unwilling to pull punches in its reporting and analysis. We don't play the games the other sites play and we've paid for it when it comes to ad revenue.
We would love for you to support us on Patreon and every little bit helps. Thank you.
–The WWR Team