You know me – I like my GMT watches, and I seem to have a thing for them coming from smaller countries, like Sweden and Iceland. Well, JS Watch Co seems to be hitting me on that particular itch, along with serving things up in a very dress-watch look in the form of the JS Watch Co Vinland GMT.
Why Vinland? Apparently, that is the name given to North America by Icelandic Vikings in the year 1000. So, sure, it makes sense as something tied into the idea of travel, as well as something very much from Iceland. Of course, at first glance, you might not think of the JS Watch Co Vinland GMT as a GMT-equipped watch.
This is because the eye is first caught by the applied indices and hue-matched beveled handset spinning over the dial. Sure, you see the subdials, and the one over at 9 is for the runnings seconds. So, what is that one at 6 for? The date? Well, maybe, if it were not for the date window over at 3. So, what is it? The GMT indication, of course.
This is the GMT complication, and in a style different from what you might be used to. First, its in the subdial, but its also one that is “infinitely variable”. This means its not locked into 24 one-hour steps. You can set the hand to your particular needs, handy for the time zones that are not on the standard 1-hour offsets.
The JS Watch Co Vinland GMT is available now for $5,167 in three dial colors (blue, black, or silver) with an alligator or lizard strap in black or brown. If you have been looking for a GMT watch that is more dress watch than sport-inspired piece, this should be right up your alley. jswatch.com
Tech Specs from JS Watch Co
- Surgical grade German Stainless Steel “316L”.
- Case diameter: 41mm, height 11,6mm.
- Domed Sapphire Crystal with multi anti reflective coating on the inside.
- See-through Sapphire Crystal back.
- Small second hand at nine o’clock and GMT hand at six o’clock.
- Handmade 20mm Genuine Alligator or Teju Lizard strap.
- Swiss Made Mechanical movement with automatic winding:
- 65-hour power reserve.
- 29 jewels.
- Custom decorations.
- Adjusted to five positions.
- GMT with a unique and World Covering step-less adjustment, infinitely variable.
- Exact setting to any Time Zone in the world including half hour and 45-Minute Time Zones.
- The GMT function can also be used as a Chronograph, by setting the GMT hand to “0” at the beginning of an event, such as a flight, the GMT will then follow the normal central hour hand and time the event correctly.