We here at WWR are fans of the watches that Oris makes, and frankly are surprised that they don’t get more attention in the wider world of watches. No matter, they’re keeping on doing their thing. While I’m a fan of their blue dials, they went in a more vibrant direction for the latest release, the Oris Aquis Date Cherry.
Now, to be fair – the Oris Aquis Date Cherry is very similar to the Oris Aquis Date we’ve seen before. Here, things are a bit slimmer (at 41.5mm) than the one that Nicholas reviewed, and it doesn’t have the fancy movement inside. Also gone is the shiny bezel, instead going with the full stainless-steel look.
The big thing here, of course, is that cherry red dial. To my memory, this is a color that Oris really hasn’t played with that often. Frankly, not many brands do red dials. Yes, there are some, but it’s across a wide range of styles and the types of people the brands target. So, why not jump into the steel sport watch segment with that crimson hue?
I’ve a feeling that this is too much red on a dial for my tastes, but I’ve no doubt there will be folks who’s favorite color is red that have been looking for a solid, affordable Swiss dive watch. Sure, $2,300 puts it into entry-level Swiss luxury, but it’s a reasonable price for what Oris delivers. So, all you lovers of red, now is your time to shine! oris.ch
Tech Specs from Oris
- Ref. no. 01 733 7766 4158 8 22 05 PEB
- Material Multi-piece stainless steel case, uni- directional rotating bezel with stainless steel insert Size 41.50 mm, 1.634 inches
- Top glass Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti- reflective coating inside
- Case back Stainless steel, screwed, see-through mineral glass
- Operating devices Stainless steel screw-in security crown
- Water resistance 30 bar (300 m)
- Interhorn width 22 mm
- Number Oris 733
- Dimensions Ø 25.60 mm, 11 1/2’’’
- Functions Hours, minutes and central sweep seconds hands, date with quick setting, stop second device, date window at 6 o’clock Winding Automatic
- Power reserve 38 hours
- Vibrations 4 Hz (28’800 A/h)
- Jewels 26
- Design Sunray cherry red
- Luminous material Super-LumiNova®
- Indices Applied
- Strap: Multi-piece stainless steel metal bracelet with folding clasp with extension
Thank you for reading this WristWatchReview post. With so many things competing for everyone’s attention these days, we really appreciate you giving us your time. We work hard every day to put quality content out there for our community.
WristWatchReview is one of the few remaining truly independent watch news outlets. We do not have a giant corporation behind us, and we rely heavily on our community to support us, in an age when advertisers are increasingly uninterested in sponsoring small, independent watch sites — especially a site like ours that is unwilling to pull punches in its reporting and analysis. We don't play the games the other sites play and we've paid for it when it comes to ad revenue.
We would love for you to support us on Patreon and every little bit helps. Thank you.
–The WWR Team