Hey, do remember MAALS? We went hands on with their first model (right here) a little over two years ago, and now they’re back with their latest creation, just launched today on Kickstarter: the MAALS Giri Ventiquattro.
While the MAALS Giri Ventiquattro is a wholly new watch, they’ve still kept touches that tie it to the first one – primarily, their silhouette logo (which is the two brothers) and the triangular accent (inspired by Alfa Romeo). Also, if you flip the watch over, you’ll see the astronaut reappearing, this time in a different piece of art.
While the original JOTM model relied on discs to display the hours and seconds (giving the watch a single-hander look) we’ve gone a bit more traditional here. You’ve got a trio of hands indicating the time, and another hand spinning around on the day/night indicator at the tip of the triangle. Want another hand? Ok, they’ve got you, with the power reserve indicator over between 9 and 10. Finally, in terms of complications, you’ve got the date display over there at 3 o’clock (unfortunately with the triple-wide cutout).
For this launch, the MAALS Giri Ventiquattro is coming in four different styles:
- A blue dial set in a polished case
- A black dial in a DLC coated case
- A white “panda” dial in the DLC case
- A black dial in a rose gold DLC case
All of these come with color-coordinated straps, and super lume on the dials. The exception here is the panda dial – that’s actually a full lume dial (which are a treat if you’ve never experienced one) and has skeletonized hands.
As mentioned, the MAALS Giri Ventiquattro just launched today on Kickstarter, with a tidy earlybird discount. Those start at ?350 (approx $450), but only for the first 50 backers. So, if you’re interested, head on over to the campaign page and get your money down. campaign page
- Brand & Model:?MAALS Giri Ventiquattro
- Price:?Super early bird pricing starts at ?350 (?100 below retail price)
- Who we think it might be for:?You’re looking for an affordable three-hander with a power reserve indicator, all-mechanical
- Would I buy one for myself based on what I?ve seen??The style is interesting, but it’s just not a good fit for me, personally
- What spoke to me the most about this watch:?Having the power reserve and day/night indication at this pricepoint is something special
Tech Specs from MAALS
- Miyota 9134 mechanical automatic movement
- 40mm 316L polished or DLC stainless steel case
- 12.5mm height
- 46.5mm lug to lug
- Blue sunray dial, Black or White matte dial (colourway dependent)
- 42-hour power reserve
- Flat Sapphire screen with anti-reflection coating
- Six screw half exhibition caseback with sapphire glass and exclusive artwork engraving by OKSE
- Super lume numbers and indices (blue, black and rose versions only), full dial super lume (white dial version only)
- 5ATM water resistance
- Polished crown
- Colour coded water resistant Cordura strap with leather underside (blue, black and white version)
- Colour coded padded sailcloth leather strap (rose gold version)
- 24-month International warranty