We’ve seen quite a number of brands releasing watches to support various environmental issues over the last year, and Oris is no stranger to that effort. We’ve seen them focus on reef restoration, Movember, and ocean cleanup. Now, they’re looking to help clean a river in South Korea with the Oris Hangang Limited Edition.
The Hangang is a river that flows through Seoul, and is a primary source of water for the 10 million residents. As with so many rivers around the world, though, it’s not been treated kindly, and has accumulated a lot of stuff that, well, you wouldn’t want in your drinking water. To help reverse that, the Seoul KFEM is setting up a number of cleanup days, where volunteers will descend on the river and help get it cleaned up.
That’s where Oris steps in, with sales of the Oris Hangang Limited Edition helping to fund those cleanup efforts, with a special edition of the Aquis. There are a great number of models in that family, and I myself am personally quite fond of the GMT-equipped ones (which we reviewed here). For the Oris Hangang Limited Edition, it’s a simpler two-hander with running seconds in a sub-dial, as well as a date indication around the outer edge of the dial. This is something that we’ve only seen in their special-edition versions, so if you like that way of indicating the date, those are the ones to look at.
This is also the only green-dial Oris Aquis available at the moment, so if that’s your favored hue, you’ll want to check out one of the 2,000 examples they’re making. The Oris Hangang Limited Edition comes in at $2,600 (the same price as the GMT), along with the warm fuzzy of helping cleanup the environment. Check out all the details below, as well as over at oris.ch.
Tech Specs from Oris
- Case: Multi-piece stainless steel case, unidirectional rotating bezel with ceramic insert
- Size: 43.50 mm (1.713 inches)
- Dial: Gradient green
- Luminous material: Hands and indices with Super-LumiNova?
- Top glass: Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
- Case back: Stainless steel, screwed, special engravings of the Hangang River map
- Operating devices: Stainless steel screw-in security crown with crown protection
- Bracelet: Stainless steel metal bracelet, security folding clasp with extension
- Water resistance 30 bar (300 m)
- Number: Oris 743
- Functions: Centre hands for hours and minutes, continuous seconds hand at 9 o?clock, circular date window with white indicator, date corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
- Winding: Automatic
- Power reserve: 38 hours
- Limited edition: 2,000 pieces, each delivered in a special presentation box
- Swiss retail price: CHF 2,500
Thank you for reading this WristWatchReview post. With so many things competing for everyone’s attention these days, we really appreciate you giving us your time. We work hard every day to put quality content out there for our community.
WristWatchReview is one of the few remaining truly independent watch news outlets. We do not have a giant corporation behind us, and we rely heavily on our community to support us, in an age when advertisers are increasingly uninterested in sponsoring small, independent watch sites — especially a site like ours that is unwilling to pull punches in its reporting and analysis. We don't play the games the other sites play and we've paid for it when it comes to ad revenue.
We would love for you to support us on Patreon and every little bit helps. Thank you.
–The WWR Team