It was about a year ago when the Tutima Sky collection was released, and we brought you word. Well, Father’s day is coming up in about a month’s time, so perhaps you’re looking to get something for dad – or yourself (we won’t judge). If so, the Tutima Sky may be in order.
Though it’s a German watch, and it has Sky in it’s name, the Tutima Sky is most definitely not a Flieger or a pilot watch. Instead, what it is is a dress watch (plenty of polished surfaces and nary a lick of luminous paint) with a big, bold poppy splash of color. Normally, I’d give a blue dial the insta-pick, but instead, I think the red dial is the one that really does it for me.
Now, if you’re thinking about this for Father’s Day, I’m guessing you’re having a pretty good year, or it’s a significant milestone year for pops. While the Tutima Sky is definitely the entry level model for the brand, you will still be paying $1,750 to put this onto a wrist. Is dad worth it? If he’s into German watches, you know what he’ll say, bud. tutima.com
- Brand & Model:?Tutima Sky
- Who we think it might be for:?You and your dad like a vintage look with a blast of color
- Would I buy one for myself based on what I’ve seen? Perhaps that red dial, yes ? brings it to a different look than anything else I’ve got kicking around
- What spoke to me the most about this watch:?The dial design – simultaneously dressy and bold
Tech Specs from Tutima
- Movement: Cal. Tutima 330
- Case: Stainless steel
- Dial: Blue, red, or green degrade
- Band: Milanese bracelet
- Diameter: 41 mm
- Height: 13 mm
- Movement details:
- Automatic movement.
- Rotor rhodium-plated with gold seal.
- 25 jewels.
- Polished screws.
- Power reserve when fully wound 38 hours.
- Functions: Date display. Hour, minute, sweep second.
- Case details:
- Water-resistant 10 atm.
- Domed sapphire crystal anti-reflective.
- Screw-in crown.
- See-through back with sapphire crystal.