I was introduced to Magrette through a good friend, who found the brand before I started writing for WWR. Of course, Patrick has been a fan for a while, and I have also covered a few of their watches here. If you follow me on Instagram, you will see that I occasionally post wrist shots of my hand wound Moana Pacific Chronograph, which I love. So when I see new additions to the Magrette Moana Pacific Pro line, especially ones as pretty as the blue dial version above, I want to spread the word.
There are three new versions of the watch, a stainless case with that aforementioned blue dial, a PVD black on black, and a PVD rose gold case with a grey dial. All the watches are 44mm in diameter with a cushion case and 120 click uni-directional black ceramic bezel. As with all Magrettes, this is a limited edition batch, with only 750 in each of the stainless and black PVD models. There are only 500 of the rose gold watches, but you have to make long range plans to buy them, with the web site indicating that they will be available in December 2016. The stainless/blue version is $545, while the black PVD is $575 and the rose gold is $595.
These are full featured dive watches, depth rated to a more than adequate 500 meters and equipped with a pressure escape valve, just in case you are diving deeper than 300 meters. The movement is a Miyota 9015 automatic, one that is new to the brand, but a well known workhorse. There is a double domed, AR coated sapphire crystal up front, and you have your choice of a rubber strap with a butterfly deployment clasp or a black leather strap with black stitching. Or get both for an extra $35. The watch uses Superluminova C3, and speaking from experience with my watch, the lume is quite nice. magrette.com
- Brand & Model: Magrette Moana Pacific Pro
- Price: $545 – $595, depending on case
- Who we think it might be for: You want a good looking diver.
- Would I wear one myself based on what I’ve seen?: Yes. I love my chrono, and the blue is really pretty.
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: As I point out with a number of divers, mix the hand styles to comply with ISO specs.
- What spoke to me the most about this watch: I love mine, I bet you will love yours as well.
Tech Specs from Magrette:
- Movement: Miyota 9015 automatic
- Functions: Three hander with 120 click ceramic unidirectional bezel and date
- Case: Stainless steel with optional black or rose gold PVD plating
- Crystal: Domed sapphire crystal
- Water resistance: 500 meters
- Lug width: 24mm
- Straps: Black rubber with deployment clasp or black leather.
- Diameter: 44 mm
- Case Height: Not specified
Thank you for reading this WristWatchReview post. With so many things competing for everyone’s attention these days, we really appreciate you giving us your time. We work hard every day to put quality content out there for our community.
WristWatchReview is one of the few remaining truly independent watch news outlets. We do not have a giant corporation behind us, and we rely heavily on our community to support us, in an age when advertisers are increasingly uninterested in sponsoring small, independent watch sites — especially a site like ours that is unwilling to pull punches in its reporting and analysis. We don't play the games the other sites play and we've paid for it when it comes to ad revenue.
We would love for you to support us on Patreon and every little bit helps. Thank you.
–The WWR Team