Yesterday, we were talking about a watch for the guys; today, we’re going to cover one that’s very much for the ladies. Last week, in the modified Watches & Wonders show, Parmigiani introduced several new watches. While they’re all clever designs, the one that stood out for me was the Parmigiani Fleurier Toric Fleur.
I will be the first to admit – I am very much a sucker for a watch dial that features mother-of-pearl on it – and that is precisely what this dial is made of. Layered over the top of that, you’ve got a flowery motif. In fact, those are marguerites, which is apparently a flower found in the meadows of Swiss Jura.
Set as they are over the sub-seconds dial, it makes the sub-dial look almost like a round vase into which the flowers are setting. The rose gold tone of the case is reflected in those flowers as well, making for a lovely two-tone effect on the overall watch (setting aside the brown Hermes leather strap, of course).
The Parmigiani Fleurier Toric Fleur is a lovely, very pretty piece, and one that is a rare as some types of flowers. In this case, only 50 examples are being produced, and each one will be commanding $21,900. So, no worries – you’ve got time to save up for next Mother’s Day, and if one is still unsold, you’ll be in luck! parmigiani.com
Tech Specs from Parmigiani Fleurier
- REFERENCE: Pfc803-1500020-hc6181
- GENDER: Ladies
- RETAIL PRICE: $21,900
- Polished 18-ct rose gold
- Dimensions: ? 33.7 mm, thickness: 9.0 mm, crown: ? 5.5 mm set with a white opal cabochon
- Glass: anti-reflective sapphire, back: anti-reflective sapphire
- Back engraving: individual number and EDITION LIMITEE X/50
- Colour: White
- Material : Mother-of-pearl, 18-ct solid rose gold flower lace
- Finishing: polishedIndex: 18-ct rose gold indexes
- HANDS: Leaf-shaped with luminescent coating
- PF310 , AUTOMATIC WINDING MOVEMENT
- Functions: hours, minutes, small second
- Power reserve: 50 hours
- Frequency: 28?800 Vph (4 Hz)
- Jewels: 28
- Nb of components: 189
- Total dimensions: ? 23.9 mm, thickness: 3.9 mm
- Decoration: C?tes de Gen?ve
- Oscillating weight: 22-ct solid gold ? “Grain d’Orge” guilloch?
- STRAP: Herm?s Oakum calf strap with 18-ct rose gold pin buckle
- WR: 30 meters
- SPECIFICATION: LIMITED EDITION X/50
Thank you for reading this WristWatchReview post. With so many things competing for everyone’s attention these days, we really appreciate you giving us your time. We work hard every day to put quality content out there for our community.
WristWatchReview is one of the few remaining truly independent watch news outlets. We do not have a giant corporation behind us, and we rely heavily on our community to support us, in an age when advertisers are increasingly uninterested in sponsoring small, independent watch sites — especially a site like ours that is unwilling to pull punches in its reporting and analysis. We don't play the games the other sites play and we've paid for it when it comes to ad revenue.
We would love for you to support us on Patreon and every little bit helps. Thank you.
–The WWR Team