Resco is definitely blitzing us with some new models. We told you about the Red Circle a bit back, and yesterday covered the Bullfrog line. Today, we’ll cover the third and final model that they’re introducing.
The name of this collection is the Patriot, and of the three new collections, this one is shaping up to be my favorite. It shares the same wave-patterned bezel as the Bullfrog, and offers up these specs:
- Case: stainless steel (bead blast or PVD finish); 42mm diameter by 13mm thick; 20mm lugs
- Movement: Swiss V-24 automatic with Incabloc shock protection (28,800 VPH)
- Crystal: 3mm domed sapphire; AR coated on the underneath
- Dial: matte black with C3 lume applied; one of three choices for the logo (Freddie, Sterile, or Trident)
- Strap: comes with a basic nylon strap; pre-orders will get a choice of a second nylon strap
As with the Bullfrog, there are plenty of other strap choices as well (buffalo, gator, kevlar). So, why is this line my favorite? Of course, I’m just going off of the pictures here (we are looking into getting some review samples), but this just has a clean, purpose built look to it.
Nothing cluttering up the dial, good-sized hands an large, lumed (C3) indices, and a color-matched date wheel. It doesn’t appear that the bezel is lumed, though – which would be a nice option for them to check out for future revisions.
That aside, you’ve definitely now got some choices from this company based in Coronado, CA. As with the other pre-orders, you’re getting a 15% discount. For the models with the bead blast finish, you’ll need $1402.50; go with PVD, and you’ll need to put $1572.50 on the table. Head on over here, and order away!