The automatic dive watch is an odd beast. At once dressy and informal, it tells the world that you like to go to meetings but that you also could get down with some surfing. While the average dive watch rarely sees much diving, it’s nice to know you can sink to the bottom of the ocean for a few hours if you need to get away.
[tweetthis]The automatic dive watch is an odd beast.[/tweetthis]
That’s where the E.C.Andersson Bohuslän really shines. Created as an antidote to the big and burly bezeled divers, this Kickstarter project aims to create a diver with a cushion case and internal, locking bezel that doesn’t look like the knurled cap on a tube of toothpaste.
[tweetthis]This project aims to create a diver with a cushion case and internal, locking bezel that doesn’t look like a knurled toothpaste cap.[/tweetthis]
Writes the creator Erik Andersson,
Andersson is a Swedish watch blogger and this is his first major watch product. The piece runs a ETA 2824-2 movement that he has sourced.
Now for the kind of bad news. The piece will cost about $1,200 for early birds but for that money you’re getting a Swiss-made piece with a Swiss movement and a very unique dial and case design. Given that most other Kickstarter projects are barely unique it’s refreshing to see someone build something truly original. He’s raised $14K so far and he’s looking for $116,000 in funding, a brave goal for a small maker. He has about 26 days left.
- CASE MATERIAL: Polished 316L Stainless Steel
- MEASSUREMENTS: 40x40mm in Leght, Width & Ring Diameter, 10mm in Height
- WATER RESISTANCE: 200 Meter
- MOVEMENT: Modified Automatic, Mechanical ETA 2824-2 – Unique MECA (Manufactured E.C.Andersson) 28.800 bph (4hz), 42h Power Reserve
- SCREW DOWN CROWN – Operates Bezel, Hands and Date. Lockable to prevent Bezel from moving once set.
- DIAL COLOR OPTONS: Matte Black or Matte White
- ENAMEL DIVE BEZEL: Polished Black and Polished White. Elevated and Illuminated Arrow on 60 Sec Mark.
- DATE INDICATOR
- INDEXES: Elevated with Stainless Steel Framing and Swiss Supernova Illumination Filling
- GLASS: Scratch Resistant Sapphire Crystal
- CUSTOM MADE RUBBER STRAP
- ROYAL CROWN FOLDING CLASP
- PACKAGING: Wooden Box, Black Piano Finish
Thank you for reading this WristWatchReview post. With so many things competing for everyone’s attention these days, we really appreciate you giving us your time. We work hard every day to put quality content out there for our community.
WristWatchReview is one of the few remaining truly independent watch news outlets. We do not have a giant corporation behind us, and we rely heavily on our community to support us, in an age when advertisers are increasingly uninterested in sponsoring small, independent watch sites — especially a site like ours that is unwilling to pull punches in its reporting and analysis. We don't play the games the other sites play and we've paid for it when it comes to ad revenue.
We would love for you to support us on Patreon and every little bit helps. Thank you.
–The WWR Team