While I personally find myself more drawn to the, shall we say, more classic designs that moVas creates, I can’t help but to find the crazier stuff (now finding a home under the Exotica banner) at least interesting to consider – and perhaps to dream about wearing. The most recent introduction to this line is the moVas Exotica Incognito Bluey.
This is a rather logical extension from their Twin Timer, in that the creation of the former led to the moVas Exotica Incognito Bluey. How so? You see, the design team was listening to a lot of music over the seven-year timeframe that the Twin Timer took for being created – specifically, acid jazz from Jean Paul “Blues” Maunick.
I can’t say as I’m familiar with the man’s music, but I dig the nickname, and the accents that it brings to the moVas Exotica Incognito Bluey. While the blue is cool, the obvious star of the show is the hunka-hunka burning titanium that is the 48mm case. Oh, titanium isn’t cool enough for your school? Well, let’s toss some forged carbon bezels on there for good measure, shall we?
Yeah, when it comes to the materials that this watch is made from, the moVas Exotica Incognito Bluey definitely has got the goods. On the style front, well, that is very much the case of beauty being in the eye of the beholder. I can appreciate the watch for being an out-there funky design, and I do like that Sean Wai and his team are pushing the limits of what people might be expecting out of the brand.
As to wether or not I’d wear the moVas Exotica Incognito Bluey regularly? I’d have to see it in person to know for sure. I will say that there are some very interesting elements, and of course the blue accents on the $2,380 watch have my eye as well. Then again, with only 25 of these being made, you are probably not likely to run across one in the wild. If you do, make sure to play a righteous trombone solo as you walk over to behold it. movaswatches.co
Tech Specs from moVas
- Case: Grade 2 titanium with deep shot peened to create a frosted finish. Forged Carbon rings/ bezel and case. Case is 48mm across excluding crown guard, 50mm with crown guard. 48mm lug hole- lug hole. 15mm height to top of bezel low bezel/ 17mm height to top of tallest bezel.
- Caseback: Exhibition caseback in Grade 2 titanium and 2mm thick colourless sapphire with deep etching. Numbered 01-25. 8 circular recessed holes.
- Crown/ Pusher: 3H big crown to set time and Second time zone. First click to set current time (clockwise) and Second time zone(anti-clockwise). 4H brushed pusher to set jumping big-date.
- Glass: 2-3mm thick domed american sourced scratch resistant colourless sapphire. Single Anti Reflective coating applied internally. 2mm thick flat american sourced scratch resistant colourless sapphire for caseback.
- Movement: Produced by Tianjin Seagull Watch Co. Ltd. Caliber 2563. 36 Jewels, beating at 21600bph, 45H Power Reserve. Customised skeleton rotor in blue PVD and signed. Main plates perlaged. Antishock protection system on balance wheel. Hackable.
- Dial: Embossed circular graining on sub-dials and cutouts for big date in matt black, with white printing.
- Hands: Painted and printed brass circular plates for minute markers OR Brass hands plated silver and brushed with C3 Superluminova lume.
- Strap/ Bracelet: Deep blue crocodile skin customised strap with matching blue stitching. Also included is a tapering double sided nitrite rubber black strap. Watch accepts 24mm wide straps.
- Buckle: moVas super deployment buckle in deep shot peened finish.
- Water Resistance: 10atm.
- Power Reserve: 45 hours, fully wound.
- Warranty: 2 year.