While you may not know the model name, you’re undoubtedly familiar with the Ollech & Wajs M-110, as the miltary field watch look – and, in particular, it’s coloration – is going to be one of the most common O&W models that you see popping up on social media. Well, they just released a new version, the OIlech & Wajs M-110 AS that brings a truly vintage military feel to the watch.
And yes, we meant that literally – the strap is made of a rather unique bit of fabric. Here’s what O&W has to say about it:
The OW M-110, a tactical tool watch that draws on over 60 years of military expertise, now comes fitted to a unique ‘infantry green’ dual ply fabric strap. The strap is crafted from reclaimed, military grade double twill hemp canvas, procured direct from the Swiss Army’s unused surplus supply. This highly durable material, more durable and lightweight than cotton, was originally intended for a variety of military applications such as the legendary Armée suisse Pioneer backpacks and all weather skins for vehicles.
Manufactured in the mid 50s, around the same time as Ollech & Wajs was founded, it was made to last 100 years in the field. So, despite already being over 60 years old, it has plenty of fight left in it yet. The heavy duty two tone fabric is lined for comfort with 100% natural soft leather, sourced and hand stitched in Italy. The straight cut edge of the strap is designed to fray subtly with everyday wear to give it extra vintage character. It is finished with a brushed stainless steel thorn buckle, signed OWZ 1956.
In other words, there are military-inspired watches, and then there are watches that come very, very close to military usage while still remaining totally brand-new. If you want to pick up an OIlech & Wajs M-110 AS, they’re available now for $1,631 directly from ow-watch.ch
Tech Specs from Ollech & Wajs
- Model: OW M-110 AS
- Year: 2023
- Dimensions: 39.56 mm X 12.5 mm and 45.7 mm lug to lug.
- Case: Brushed 316L stainless steel, screwed bottom, screwed crown, rotating steel bezel; Made in the Swiss Jura
- Bezel: 360-degree compass bezel with Super-LumiNova® cardinal direction markers and an angle scale.
- Glass: Sapphire with anti-reflective treatment
- Dial: Hands, indexes and radio silence periods in Super-LumiNova®
- Water resistance: 300m/ 30atm
- Movement: Automatic bespoke Soprod Newton Precision P092; date-only calendar, with semi-instantaneous changes and quick adjustment using the crown; stop seconds; 4Hz 28,800 vibrations per hour; 23 jewels; 44-hour power reserve. The Soprod Newton P092 movement is independently tested for dependability and durability at the internationally renowned Laboratoire Dubois in Chaux-de-Fonds, Switzerland, and has been awarded a Chronofiable® certification.
- Average Accuracy: +/-7 seconds per day, adjusted in five positions (equivalent of ETA Elaborate)
- Strap: 20 mm military grade double twill hemp canvas, upcycled from the Swiss Army’s unused surplus supply. Lined with 100% natural soft leather, sourced and hand stitched in Italy. It is finished with a brushed stainless steel thorn buckle, signed OWZ 1956.
- Origin: Over 90% Swiss Made.