Vescari Chestor sounds like it could be an Italian-Japanese giant fighting robot or maybe an expectorant cough syrup. But that’s not important, because it’s actually a very comfortable two register chronograph.
Brand names and model names are difficult. Vescari is a pretty good name. I’m not sure if it actually means anything, but it sounds quite nice. The model name Chestor doesn’t work nearly as well for me. But all of that is irrelevant. The watch is on my wrist, and I enjoy it.
The Vescari Chestor is a 50M water resistant chronograh with two registers, seconds and 60 minutes. The center seconds is the chronograph seconds, showing elapsed time down to the 1/5th of a second. The case, hands, and dial numerals and indices are rose gold colored. The dial itself is silver colored, making for a very nice subtle contrast. It comes on a leather strap with alligator pattern, but I’ve chosen to equip it with a clockwork synergy brown leather bomber jacket strap, which makes it feel even more comfortable to me.
Unlike some chronographs, the lugs curve gently downward, following the curve of my wrist. They extend nicely off the edge of the case, rather than jutting straight out. The crown is decently sized, easy to set, and the pushers are round with a simple machined ring at their end. Wearing and operating the Vescari Chestor is an easy exercise.
The dial is a treat. The chapter ring is lined with minutes and 1/5ths minutes. The subdials are not dished down, but do have their own sunburst brushing, and a small amount of dimensionality below the level surface of the dial. The indices and numerals are applied. The crystal is a domed mineral crystal with AR Coating.
For $134 USD, you can end up with a very nice chronograph, powered by the Miyota 6S21 and add a strap or bracelet for another $17 USD. I can’t see how you could possibly go wrong. I normally think I’d like the blue or black dial on bracelet, but wearing the rose gold with brown leather has been a very classy look for me. Conveniently, the straps all come with quick-release spring bars, making it easy to change them with your mood. Check it out at kickstarter.com
- Brand & Model: Vescari Chestor
- Price: Earlybird pricing starts at $134
- Who we think it might be for: You want a bit of class, on a budget.
- Would I buy one for myself based on what I’ve seen?: Yes. This is modern class.
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: making a leather strap that isn’t padded – I want something a little more vintage than the padded crocodile.
- What spoke to me the most about this watch: A lovely bit of style. The numerals just work well here. The stainless steel bracelet uses the butterfly clasp, a fantastic choice.
Tech Specs from NAME
- Case size: 40mm, 48 lug to lug
- Height: 13.6mm
- Case material: 316L Stainless steel
- Crystal: domed mineral glass with AR coating
- Hands: alpha style
- Strap: 20mm leather with crocodile pattern or steel bracelet
- Movement: Miyota 6S21
We would love for you to support us on Patreon and every little bit helps. Thank you.
–The WWR Team