Look – up there! It’s a bird! No, it’s a plane! No, wait a minute – it’s a watch? Yes, that’s right – our friends over at Marvin have teamed up with Fratello to put together a limited edition (88 pieces) version of the Malton Cushion (read our review on that model here), based on an advertisement from the 50’s they found in their archives.
If you read that earlier review, you’ll see that there’s a lot to like with the Malton Cushion to begin with. Here, you add in a nice black and red color scheme, as well as a bit of light-heartedness with the cartoony superhero on the dial (and matching cuff links). Add this to the 88-piece run that we have here, and it’s safe to assume that pricing will be higher than the standard $1400 you see in the rest of the line; if I get a firm answer on pricing, I’ll update the post.
Here’s the rundown of the specs for those unfamiliar with the watch:
- Movement: Sellita SW200 Sellita SW200, automatic, 3 hands, date, 26 jewels, 38-hour power reserve, Swiss made
- Case: 42 x 42 mm cushion-shaped, black PVD-coated stainless steel
- Glass: Ultra-resistant, anti-reflective coated sapphire crystal
- Dial: Guilloché, black with red ring with the superhero
- Vintage black “Jack” leather with red overstitches
- Black PVD-coated buckle
- Width: 22/22 mm
- Water resistance: 5 ATM (50 metres, 160