These days, we expect that just about anything we might want – be it groceries, a good book, or even a car – is something we can order online from the comfort of our own home. While you can buy a great many watches online, some of the bigger Swiss brands have resisted. One of the latest to embrace progress is Zenith.
Today, they officially launched their e-boutique for the United States. What this means for the Zenith fans is that they’ll have a much easier way to purchase the boutique-exclusive watches that the brand makes. Also, once you’ve become a client of the brand, you’ll get access to their concierge service, and a 3-year warranty (with free service).
The watch the brand is highlighting with this new digital foray is the Zenith Defy 21 El Primero Black Ceramic. Again, this is the first time this particular watch has been available to us Americans (barring an overseas flight which, well, we really can’t do right now). So hey, you can put that plane ticket money towards the watch, which comes in at $13,600. You can check out the details right here: zenith-watches.com
Details from Zenith
- DEFY EL PRIMERO 21 BOUTIQUE EDITION
- LIMITED EDITION 250
- Reference: 49.9001.9004/78.R916
- UNIQUE SELLING POINTS
- 1/100th of a second chronograph movement
- Exclusive dynamic signature of one rotation per second
- 1 escapement for the Watch (36,000 VpH – 5 Hz);
- 1 escapement for the Chronograph (360,000 VpH – 50 Hz)
- TIME LAB-Chronometer certified
- Black movement finish
- El Primero 9004 automatic
- Calibre: 14?“` (Diameter: 32.80 mm)
- Thickness: 7.9 mm
- Components: 293
- Jewels: 53
- Frequency 36,000 VpH (5 Hz)
- Power reserve min. 50 hours
- Finished: Blue main plate on movement + Special blue oscillating weight with satined finishings
- 1/100th of a second chronograph functions
- Chronograph power-reserve indication at 12 o’clock
- Hours and minutes in the centre
- Small seconds at 9 o’clock
- Central chronograph hand that makes one turn each second
- 30-minute counter at 3 o’clock
- 60-second counter at 6 o’clock
- CASE, DIAL & HANDS
- Diameter: 44 mm
- Diameter opening: 35.5 mm
- Thickness: 14.50 mm
- Crystal: Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective treatment on both sides
- Case back: Transparent sapphire crystal
- Material: Ceramic
- Water resistance: 10 ATM
- Dial: Black Openworked with two different-coloured counters
- Hour markers: Ruthenium-plated, faceted and coated with black Super-LumiNova?
- Hands: Ruthenium-plated, faceted and coated with black Super-LumiNova?
- STRAPS AND BUCKLE
- Black Rubber Strap with ?cordura? effect
- Titanium double folding clasp with Black DLC coating
Thank you for reading this WristWatchReview post. With so many things competing for everyone’s attention these days, we really appreciate you giving us your time. We work hard every day to put quality content out there for our community.
WristWatchReview is one of the few remaining truly independent watch news outlets. We do not have a giant corporation behind us, and we rely heavily on our community to support us, in an age when advertisers are increasingly uninterested in sponsoring small, independent watch sites — especially a site like ours that is unwilling to pull punches in its reporting and analysis. We don't play the games the other sites play and we've paid for it when it comes to ad revenue.
We would love for you to support us on Patreon and every little bit helps. Thank you.
–The WWR Team