Who doesn’t like a little glow in their lives? I think that may be what Ziiiro is hoping for with the release of the Metalic version of the Ziiiro Eclipse. The updated version offers one completely new color and new stainless mesh straps on their two hand watch which uses a ring of lume to illuminate the time, and a bit of your night life.
The watch itself is a pretty basic quartz two hander, with a luminous ring around the outside acting as a chapter ring, and two stub hands over that, a luminous one for minutes and a black one for the hours. There are no other markings, so precision timing may not be the forte of the watch, but it is more that adequate for giving you the time down to a few minutes +/-. The engine of the watch is a reliable Miyota 2025 quartz movement, and the glow comes courtesy of the Swiss SuperLuminova brand.
The watch is available in five variations with the metal mesh bracelet, as well as the three version of the original silicon strap. The stainless, gunmetal PVD and black PVD cases (the latter with blue or red lume) on the mesh bracelet are £169 (~$260), and the rose gold PVD with gold lume is £179. The silicon versions are £149. Overall, I think it is a fun and attractive watch that looks to be targeted at a younger crowd, and this is a good thing. ziiiro.com
- Brand & Model: Ziiiro Eclipse Metallic
- Price: £169 – 179 (~$260 – 270 USD)
- Who we think it might be for: Anyone Raving the night away.
- Would I buy one for myself based on what I’ve seen?: I think it skews a bit young for me.
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: I don’t care for the mesh bracelet, another style would be better.
- What spoke to me the most about this watch: It is an analog watch that is geared for younger adults. That is a good thing in my eyes
Tech Specs from Ziiiro Watches
- Movement: Miyota 2025 Quartz Movement
- Functions: Two hander with Swiss SuperLuminova
- Case: 316L stainless steel with optional PVD coating
- Glass: Mineral crystal
- Water resistance: 3 ATM (splash proof, no swimming or showering)
- Lug width: Not specified
- Straps: Mesh stainless steel with finish to match case
- Diameter : 43 mm
- Length: Not specified
- Case height: 8.5 mm
- Weight of watch head: Not Specified
Thank you for reading this WristWatchReview post. With so many things competing for everyone’s attention these days, we really appreciate you giving us your time. We work hard every day to put quality content out there for our community.
WristWatchReview is one of the few remaining truly independent watch news outlets. We do not have a giant corporation behind us, and we rely heavily on our community to support us, in an age when advertisers are increasingly uninterested in sponsoring small, independent watch sites — especially a site like ours that is unwilling to pull punches in its reporting and analysis. We don't play the games the other sites play and we've paid for it when it comes to ad revenue.
We would love for you to support us on Patreon and every little bit helps. Thank you.
–The WWR Team