The Longines HydroConquest USA Edition is a classic stainless diver with a distinct USA flair of patriotism. It’s heavy duty construction feels durable and solid, the Longines brand and reputation gives solid cred, and the USA edition flare makes it special. I wore the HydroConquest for a week, and at the end of my time, was comfortable with it in board meetings as well as on the weekend. If I had the opportunity, I’d easily be taking this piece along with my on an upcoming scuba diving trip.
The new USA Exclusive HydroConquest is designed to pay homage to the United States, a country where so much significant Longines history has been written.
On the Wrist
The HydroConquest is a solid diver. Heavy, yet refined stainless steel links, protective wedges around the crown, and a domed, machined caseback come together to make the HydroConquest feel solid on the wrist, and gives confidence to take this piece deep. However, it’s not all brawn. the fine indexing on the bezel and face, well placed numbers and markers, sleek lume, and polished hands give this piece a sense of history and elegance essential for every day wear – either on the sea, or at the office.
In addition to the basics of the HydroConquest, I also appreciate the USA edition’s flare. The USA on the face, red/white/blue color scheme, and most interestingly the glowing “50” on the rotating bezel. That attention to detail helps give this particular HydroConquest a special air and patriotic flair.
- Time (Hour, Minute, Second) – Clear, readable hands and markings. Gotta love the single glowing “50”
- Date – Simple day number. Easy, but not sure if it’s necessary.
- Rubber Strap – Despite the auxilary strap supplied being rubber, it’s textured to look like a fine canvas. The strap wears nicely, and remains comfortable after a full day. Of all the rubber straps I’ve worn, this is certainly the most comfortable one.
- Steel Bracelet – Heavy and solid. Since this is a 300m diver watch, this bracelet includes a divers extension – an essential feature I wish I had on all of my diver watches.
- Instead of the red paint on the secondhand, how about a spot of lume?
- Those wedges protecting the crown – they’re angular and protective.. but kinda sharp. Tone it down a little?
- Brand & Model: Longines HydroConquest USA
- Price: USD$1,800
- Who we think it might be for: Classic diver looking for a beefy dive watch that can pull double duty at club meetings.
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: Tone down the angular lugs
- What spoke to me the most about this watch: USA! USA!
- Longines Timepiece
- User Manual
- HydroConquest USA Edition Watch Box
- Warranty Card
- Additional NATO Strap
- Case Back Screw-down case back
- Dimension 41 mm
- Lug Distance 21 mm
- Glass Sapphire with several layers of anti-reflective coating
- Material Stainless Steel
- Shape Round
- Screw-in crown
- Rotating unidirectional bezel
- Water Resistance300 meters (1000 feet)
- Bracelet Buckle With double security folding clasp and integrated diving extension
- Bracelet Material Stainless Steel
DIAL AND HANDS
- Color Blue
- Hour Markers Applied indexes with Super-LumiNova®
- Hands Silver hands
- Main Functions Hours, minutes, seconds, and date.
Thank you for reading this WristWatchReview post. With so many things competing for everyone’s attention these days, we really appreciate you giving us your time. We work hard every day to put quality content out there for our community.
WristWatchReview is one of the few remaining truly independent watch news outlets. We do not have a giant corporation behind us, and we rely heavily on our community to support us, in an age when advertisers are increasingly uninterested in sponsoring small, independent watch sites — especially a site like ours that is unwilling to pull punches in its reporting and analysis. We don't play the games the other sites play and we've paid for it when it comes to ad revenue.
We would love for you to support us on Patreon and every little bit helps. Thank you.
–The WWR Team