This month, we have an opportunity for you to win a Melbourne Watch Co Portsea Heritage. This is a watch we originally wrote about back in 2014 (here), and while we’ve not been hands-on with the watch, it’s one that should make the winner quite happy.
Well, to be clear, what Matt wrote about was the very first version of the Portsea. What is up for grabs this month is the newest version of the watch, which is a take on the classic looks of marine chronometers.
For me, the star of the show is the dial, which is a multi-layer affair, with the central portion (with the grooves) actually being made of ceramic. On the darker colors, this is hard to pick up on in the photos, but for the white dials, there’s a creamy translucence that seems to come through.
Rounding out the rest of the watch, you’ve got a 40mm stainless steel case housing a Seiko NH35 movement, 20mm strap, 100m WR resistance, and some rather classy (and classic) looks – including a color-matched date wheel!
To enter to win your choice of Melbourne Portsea, we’ve got the same simple process as we’ve had before:
- In the comments below, let us know what your favorite watch is that features ceramic in it’s construction (be it the dial, bezel, or elsewhere)
- Head on over to the Giveaway Widget, and complete your entry
Please be aware, while Melbourne Watch Co will ship the watch to the winner anywhere in the world, the winner will be responsible for any customs or duties imposed at the border.
Our thanks to Melbourne Watch Co for sponsoring this month’s giveaway!
Tech Specs from Melbourne Watch Co
- Case – 40mm 316L Stainless Steel
- Movement – Seiko Cal. NH35 Automatic
- Crystal – Flat Sapphire
- Dial – Multi-layered with ceramic main disc
- Hands – Diamond cut, ion plated
- Strap – 20mm leather, 18mm Stainless Steel Buckle
- Water Resistance – 100m/10ATM
- Warranty – 24 Months