It does not seem like it was all that long ago that we were talking about a new blue dial for the GoS Sarek line, and you’re right – it wasn’t. That writeup back in October covered off on the new Ice Blue. Well, we’ve heard from the brand, and they’ve come up with what is likely my favorite to-date – the GoS Sarek Midnight Blue.
As well all know, I’m a sucker for a great blue dial, and like unique material uses (such as, you know, damascus steel). Apparently, this rich, dark shade of blue took a good bit of tinkering with their processes. Eventually, the brand arrived at the right combination of heat and chemical applications to get the colors popping up just so. And the results are quite stunning.
As with the prior GoS Sarek writeup, the GoS Sarek Midnight blue is powered by a Soprod A10 movement (with a sweet custom rotor) will run you $9,500. As I mentioned in my email correspondence with the brand, this is my favorite dial they’ve come out with yet, and hope (one day) to see one of these in person. Or, hmm, maybe it’s just Swedish watches that I’ve got a thing for… goswatches.com
Specification – GoS Sarek – Midnight Blue
- Case: 43.0mmx10.5mm (5ATM)
- Lug width: 22mm
- Glass: Domed sapphire glass with double sided AR coating, extra hard on outside
- Movement: Soprod A10 with GoS triskele rotor, dark satinized and additional counter weight in German silver with “Ice Blue” engraved.
- Dial: 164 layered steel Damascus steel with either Wildflower or Sarek pools pattern. Midnight Blue colors which are achieved through a heat tempering process.
- Index ring/rehaut: Two layers that combine previous GoS design with inspiration from viking bracelets.
- Hands: GoS spear shape in high gloss polished Rhodinated finish
- Crown: GoS design in high gloss polished with satinized grooves. 7mm in diameter and with double gaskets.
- Case finishing: Stainless steel, worked and finished with inspiration from viking bracelets.
- Strap:Handcrafted Moose leather and fitted with stainless steel GoS buckle.
- Every watch engraved with “Sarek1/1” to indicate that every watch is a unique piece ina ddition to a serial number and “Midnight Blue” on rotor.
- Five-year guarantee
- Delivered in handcrafted presentation box in Walnut, made by Kanevad wood artists in Linköping.
Specification – GoS Sarek Ladies – Midnight Blue
- Case:31.5mm x 9mm with 40mmlug-to-lug (5ATM)
- Lug width: Singlelug, 16mm strap
- Glass: Flat sapphire glass with double sided AR coating, extra hard on outside
- Movement: Soprod A10 with GoS triskele rotor, dark satinized and additional rhodinized c-weight
- Dial:164 layered steel Damascus steel with Pool pattern with a Midnight Blue finishing.
- Index ring/rehaut: Two layers that combine previous GoS designs with inspiration from viking bracelets. The polished GoS logo applied to the lower ring. Both rings with polished bevels and satinized top surface.
- Hands: GoS spear shape in high gloss polished Rhodinated finish.
- Crown:GoS design in high gloss polished with satinized grooves. 6.5mm in diameter and with double gaskets.
- Case finishing: Stainless steel worked with inspiration from viking rings and then highgloss polished to provide lustre.
- Strap:16-14mm in either black moose leather or pastel colored high quality leather with stainless steel GoS deployment buckle.
- Every watch engraved with “Uniquepiece1/1” and a serial number.
- Five year guarantee
Thank you for reading this WristWatchReview post. With so many things competing for everyone’s attention these days, we really appreciate you giving us your time. We work hard every day to put quality content out there for our community.
WristWatchReview is one of the few remaining truly independent watch news outlets. We do not have a giant corporation behind us, and we rely heavily on our community to support us, in an age when advertisers are increasingly uninterested in sponsoring small, independent watch sites — especially a site like ours that is unwilling to pull punches in its reporting and analysis. We don't play the games the other sites play and we've paid for it when it comes to ad revenue.
We would love for you to support us on Patreon and every little bit helps. Thank you.
–The WWR Team