Alpina is a brand that we tend to think of for aviation or just good all-around watches. Want something that gives you a diver? Then look no further than their Seastrong collection. If you want something that’s vintage-look, they’ve got you covered, particularly with a new all-green version of the Alpina Seastrong Diver 300 Heritage.
The Alpina Seastrong Diver 300 Heritage is obviously inspired by compression divers of days gone by. The crown at 4 o’clock adjusts the time (and winds the movement) while the crown at 2 o’clock is for adjusting that internal timing bezel. Provided you’ve got those both screwed-down properly, the watch is rated for a 300m WR.
With the internal bezel, the top of the Alpina Seastrong Diver 300 Heritage allows the focus to be on the boxed sapphire crystal. It also allows for a narrower lip around the crystal, giving a visually slimmer look to the watch, with the dial and internal bezel taking up most of that 42mm case diameter.
In all of the text we received on this watch, the emphasis was on green. This obviously shows up in the rubber strap, but it’s also supposed to be present on the sunray dial. We’re told (and yes, we asked) that it is a deep khaki green, it just comes across in the photos as more of a dark argent or black.
Coloration issues aside, the Alpina Seastrong Diver 300 Heritage is a relatively slim (12.3mm) diver, which is going to be ready for summertime adventure. For those looking to swap straps around, just keep in mind that this one has 21mm lugs. If you’re looking to pick this one up, it’ll run you $1,695 when it’s released at the end of June. alpinawatches.com
Tech Specs from Alpina
- Reference: AL-520GR4H6
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds
- AL-520 caliber, automatic
- 38-hour power-reserve, 26 jewels, 28’800 alt/h
- Polished and brushed stainless steel 2-part case Diameter of 42 mm
- Height of 12,30 mm
- Scratch-resistant glass box sapphire crystal
- Water-resistant up to 30ATM/300m/1000ft
- crew-in crowns and case back
- Engraved case back
- Green dial with sunray finishing and applied silver color indexes
- Black internal revolving 60min diver bezel with white minutes and seconds graduation
- Silver color hour, minute and second hands filled with white luminous treatment
- Strap: Green rubber strap
- MSRP: USD 1,695