After many years seeing the trend of overly-large watches take center stage (full disclosure, I used to be a big fan of 46mm case as well), we’ve seen the pendulum swing the other direction. Some of it is to appeal to everyone (and not have distinctly his or hers watches), and some of it is just giving support to the idea that, yeah, smaller watches can wear nicely as well. One of the latest to acknowledge that is the Hamilton Khaki Navy Scuba.
Now, I know what you’re saying – the Hamilton Khaki Navy Scuba is not a new watch. And it isn’t, it’s a tried-and-true design. The new case size IS new – a very tidy 37mm to be precise. No word on how thick the case is, but given it’s quartz-powered and keeping a 100m WR rating, it shouldn’t be overly tall.
Along with giving a smaller case size, Hamilton also keeps things simple with the new Hamilton Khaki Navy Scuba. You’ve got your choice of a black or grey dial (with a color-matched bezel), and then either a bracelet or a nylon NATO (also color-matched). Myself, I am quite taken with that grey dial (particularly with the pale blue on the bezel), but that’s just me.
While we know a lot about the Hamilton Khaki Navy Scuba (see the specs down below) the one thing we don’t know quite yet is when the watch will be available. It should be up for pre-order soon, and we’ll update this article once we have that info. Once it hits, pricing is expected to be $495 for the NATO or $545 on the bracelet. And, once it’s available, we’ll also be working to get a loaner in for a hands-on review. hamiltonwatch.com
- Brand & Model: Hamilton Khaki Navy Scuba 37mm
- Price: $495 (NATO) / $545 (bracelet)
- Who we think it might be for: Regardless of your gender, you want a more compact watch for your wrist with a classic diver look
- Would I buy one for myself based on what I?ve seen? If the case height is proportionate to the diameter, I could see that, yes
- What spoke to me the most about this watch: Case size aside, I really am digging on the shade of blue on the bezel of the grey watch
Tech Specs from Hamilton
|Case||37mm stainless steel|
|Dial||Grey or black dial|
|Hands||Nickeled hour, minute and second hands with Super-LumiNova?, w|
|Bracelet||Grey or black NATO strap with pin buckle Stainless steel bracelet with folding clasp|
|Water resistance||10 bar (100 m)|