Deep Blue Watches wants to extend your holiday gift-giving (or -getting) with their new Deep Blue Master 1000’ Automatic. This stainless steel beast, like many of their models, comes equipped to go deep.
New York based Deep Blue Watches has been around since 2007 with a niche in water resistant watches. They pride themselves in designing watches ready for depths of 300 to 3000 meters.
300 meters is a lot and I confess; if I go three meters in the pool my kids would wonder if they’d ever see me again, let alone my watch. My first impression of this watch on their site made me think I could go deeper. This hunk of steel could make me sink.
Its massive 44mm stainless steel case is 15mm high and comes with a helium release valve at 10 o’clock and a 120 click unidirectional bezel.
The underwater engine for this watch is a Seiko NH 35 automatic movement which hums along at 21,600 VPH with 24 jewels and a date function. The date window on a hard core dive watch makes me smile a little. It’s like putting a calendar on that one pair of Craftsman pliers you use around the house. Do divers really use the date window?
The bezel is ceramic with lume and offers incredible visibility in the dark, and I bet while under water. The inner ring of the dial also has superluminova and clearly highlights the hour and minute markers. The “diamond” hour and minute hands also offer the lume you would expect. The second hand has a simple circle lume at each end and varies in color based on the dial colors (blue, orange, red, gray and black). This is a nice detail that can be easily overlooked. Through the sapphire crystal, the dial color options are blue, black and green.
This watch has some great color options and solid features like the sapphire crystal, luminescence, depth rating and helium release valve. You could spend a whole lot more on a Sinn or you could have a handful of these Deep Blues in your watch drawer. Don’t forget the colored silicon replacement straps are available too. These options can let your watch to go deep without going deep in your pockets. The Deep Blue Mater 1000m Automatic retails for $499, but are on sale for $366. www.deepbluewatches.com
- Brand & Model: Deep Blue Master 1000m Automatic
- Price: $499
- Who we think it might be for: This is a watch for the weekend water warrior or desk diver.
- Would I buy one for myself based on what I’ve seen?: I would like to have a nice diver in my arsenal, but would consider a similar style with a Swiss movement.
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: I would lose the date window.
- What spoke to me the most about this watch: I appreciate the simple design, features and price point.
- Brand Model: Deep Blue Master 1000m Automatic
- Movement (technology): Seiko NH 35 Automatic Movement
- Size of case diameter (mm): 44mm
- Height of case: 15mm
- Weight: NA
- Case material: 316L Stainless Steel Case
- Case Back: Screw down
- Crown: Helium Release valve 10 o’clock position
- Crystal/Glass material: Sapphire Crystal, AR coated
- Water resistance (m/ft/atm): 1000FT/330M
- Strap/Bracelet material: 22mm Bracelet Stainless
- Illumination: Superluminova bezel, inner ring, hour markers and hands