Recently, another new model hit the moVas website – the moVas Bronze Diver II. This is, as you might correctly guess, an update to their prior Bronze Diver. While there is a lot to like about this large bronze diver, it seems to us that the dial is the clear start of the show.
More than just another gradient dial, there’s an interesting texture applied to the dial that is meant to call to mind a piece of pottery that has been lost to the ages. To our eyes, it’s continuing on that theme of age that bronze sort of naturally leans into with its patina.
It’s not all bronze, through and through, however. Around back, you’ve got a titanium caseback to help keep the watch from discoloring your wrist. The crown is made of steel (with a black PVD finish), and the bezel has yet another material. Or, more specifically, the bezel insert. Here, it’s done in a black ceramic with ball bearings used as the indices, also calling to mind the look of a ship’s porthole.
Tucked inside the case is a Seagull movement that’s been customized a bit to move the date display, as well as the skeletonized movement (visible through the exhibition caseback). If you’re interested in one of these, you’ll want to move quickly. Only 50 of the moVas Bronze Diver II will be made, at a price of $1,720 (which includes shipping) directly from movaswatches.com
Tech Specs from moVas
- Case: CuSn6 Marine Grade Bronze with brushed finish. Case is 45mm across excluding crown guards, 49mm with crown guard. 50mm lug hole- lug hole. 15mm height to top of bezel/ 16mm height including domed sapphire.
- Caseback: Exhibition caseback in Grade 2 titanium and 3mm thick colourless sapphire with deep etching. Numbered 01-50 with 12 sided hex.
- Crown: Black PVD 316L Screw down crown to set time and day/ date. First click to set day (clockwise) and date (anti-clockwise). Second click to set time.
- Bezel: Unidirectional, 120 clicks with zero play. C3 Superluminova hand filled circular lume pip.
- Glass: 3mm thick double domed american sourced scratch resistant colourless sapphire. Single Anti Reflective coating applied internally. 3mm thick single domed american sourced scratch resistant colourless sapphire for caseback.
- Movement: Cal 21 Produced by Tianjin Seagull Watch Co. Ltd. based on TY2100. 26 Jewels, beating at 28800bph, 45H Power Reserve, featuring customised date disc at 6H, customised day disc at 3H. Customised skeleton rotor in CuSn6 Bronze. Main plates perlaged. Anti-shock protection system on balance wheel. Hackable.
- Dial: Applied index dial in gloss gradient green over a cracked glass pattern, with off- white printing. Hand applied C3 Superluminova lume on applied indexes with polished rose gold plated rim.
- Hands: Skeleton Brass hands plated rose gold and polished with C3 Superluminova lume.
- Strap/ Bracelet: Brown Genuine Lizard and thick black leather with thick white stitching with bronze tang buckle. Watch accepts 24mm wide straps.
- Buckle: 2pc Tang buckle with ‘V’ logo cutout, and “moVas” deep engraved on sides in CuSn6 Bronze.
- Water Resistance: 30atm.
- Power Reserve: 45 hours, fully wound.
- Warranty: 2 year.