We know what you’re thinking – hasn’t the Glashütte Original SeaQ been around for a bit? Well, sure, it has, and it’s still a good-looking and quite capable dive watch. If you’re feeling the need to get a higher-end look to your standard summertime dive watch, look no further than the latest Glashütte Original SeaQ.
As you can see from the photos, this Glashütte Original SeaQ is no steel diver. No, the case is made of red gold 5N, as is the bezel and crown. That is all offset by the black of the sunray dial, as well as the ceramic insert placed into that bezel. The red gold accents continue on into the handset and the indices, making for a very cohesive black-and-gold color combination.
Flip the Glashütte Original SeaQ, and you’ll see a first for the SeaQ line – an exhibition caseback. Through it, you can see the 39-11 automatic movement, complete with the signed G-O rotor. Still, for all of that, you still have a 20 bar (aka 200m) water resistance rating. And as the case is red gold, rather than a bronze alloy (which you might mistake it for at first), you should not have to worry as much about a patina forming on the case after it gets wet.
For a diver, the Glashütte Original SeaQ carries a rather classy look. If you want to pick one up, it’ll be $22,300 to put one on your wrist. As we said, you’re getting fancied up. Myself, I’d probably opt for the steel and blue SeaQ, or maybe even one with the PanoDate. Still, if you’re looking for a dressier – but still capable – dive watch that your friends likely don’t have, it’s hard to argue against the SeaQ. glashuette-original.com
Tech Specs from Glashütte Original
- Model name: SeaQ
- Launch year: 2022
- Reference number:
- 1-39-11-17-91-33 (with black rubber strap)
- 1-39-11-17-91-34 (with grey synthetic fabric strap)
- Movement: Calibre 39-11 automatic, finely finished movement
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, date
- Special features: tested to meet DIN 8306 and ISO 6425 standards for diver’s watches
- Frequency: 28,800 A/h, equivalent to 4 Hz
- Case: Red gold 5N, rotating bezel with black ceramic inlay, engraved case back with sapphire crystal, water resistant to 20 bar
- Dimensions: Diameter: 39.5 mm, height: 12.15 mm
- Dial: Galvanic black with sunray finish, applied numerals and indexes with Super-LumiNova® inlays
- Hands: WithSuper-LumiNova® inlays
- Straps: Black rubber or grey synthetic fabric strap, both with butterfly shape folding clasp in red gold 5N