For those who are familiar with the brand, you might think they’re trying to pull a fast one on us – the Endeavour Perpetual Calendar has been in the catalog for a while now (and we wrote about it here). So then, what makes the H. Moser Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Tantalum Blue Enamel something to take notice of? Well, friends, it’s right there in the name.
The change in this particular recipe is the use of tantalum for the case. Moser likes playing around with materials, and using this (instead of steel or a precious metal) definitely fits that bill. Tantalum is a metal that develops a layer of oxide that protects it, giving it anti-corrosive properties; it’s also a rather hard material that is nontheless durable. Combine all of that with the lovely dark grey-blue hue that it has, and it seems like a lovely metal to use in a luxury watch.
On the dial side of things, we of course have the fumé treatment, done here in a blue that gradients out darker at the edges, all over a hammered-finish dial blank. For this version, while you’ve still got the leaf-shaped hands to indicate the power reserve (at 9 o’clock) and the running seconds (at 6 o’clock) the registers are not printed, making the whole thing all the more subtle.
And I rather enjoy the fact that – while the H. Moser Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Tantalum Blue Enamel has a complex complication in it’s movement – you’re not beat over the head with what this movement is doing. It just looks like a rather large date display. It just also happens to be one that will always be accurate, combined as it is with the very small hand on the central pinion that indicates the month of the year. If you’re looking to pick up one of these dark beauties, bring your $82,500 on over to h-moser.com.
- Reference: Endeavour Perpetual Calendar Tantalum Blue Enamel, reference 1800-2000, tantalum and steel model, Abyss Blue fumé dial, grey kudu leather strap
- Diameter: 42.0 mm
- Height: 13.1 mm
- Curved sapphire crystal
- Steel case-back with curved sapphire crystal Steel crown adorned with an “M”
- Abyss Blue fumé “Grand Feu” enamel with hammered texture Leaf-shaped hands
- Small arrow-shaped centre hand indicating the months
- Big date display
- Hand-wound HMC 800 Manufacture calibre Diameter: 34.0 mm or 15 lignes
- Height: 6.3 mm
- Frequency: 18,000 Vib/h
- 32 jewels
- Power reserve: minimum 7 days
- Hacking seconds
- Double barrel
- Interchangeable Moser escapement
- Original Straumann® hairspring
- Pallet fork and escapement wheel made from gold Movement and components hand-finished and decorated
- Hours and minutes
- Perpetual calendar
- Big date display
- Month indicator via central hand Seconds dial at 6 o’clock
- Power reserve indicator at 9 o’clock
- Leap year cycle indicator on movement side
- Hand-stitched grey kudu leather
- Steel folding clasp, engraved with the Moser logo