As we mentioned last week, Geneva Watch Days just recently happened, which means there are a number of new releases we need to work through. Today, we’re going to have another look at another familiar line from Aquis, albeit one in a size (and color) that we’ve not seen before. Meet the Oris Aquis Date 36.5mm.
While watch names can sometimes be a bit obtuse, full of letters and numbers, the Oris Aquis Date 36.5mm tells you exactly what it is. It’s the Aquis Date look – which is a dive watch with date display – wrapped up in a 36.5mm case, perfect for those who prefer something a bit more compact on their wrist. While it’s smaller, it’s still a capable dive watch, with the dive time bezel (done in relief), a 300m water resistance rating, and the standard steel bracelet.
The big attention-getter on the Oris Aquis Date 36.5mm is going to be those dials, of course. The base starts life as mother-of-pearl (one of my favorite semi-precious materials), and then has these colors applied – pink, blue, or green. They look great, and bring some colorful interest to the dial without overwhelming things.
Also of note? Oris here is doing the right thing with the Oris Aquis Date 36.5mm. By that, we mean they’re not labelling it just as a women’s watch. Men can prefer the more compact case size just as well, and even with the colors, those are fairly unisex as well. Sure, pink might skew more feminine now, but I say if you like the color, wear what you like. No matter the color, these will set you back $2,400. oris.ch
Tech Specs from Oris
- Ref. no.
- 01 733 7770 4155-07 8 18 05P
- 01 733 7770 4157-07 8 18 05P
- 01 733 7770 4158-07 8 18 05P
- Material Multi-piece stainless steel case, uni- directional rotating bezel minutes scale in relief Size 36.50 mm, 1.437 inches
- Top glass Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti- reflective coating inside
- Case back Stainless steel, screwed, see-through mineral glass
- Operating devices Stainless steel screw-in security crown
- Water resistance 30 bar (300 m)
- Interhorn width 18 mm
- Number Oris 733
- Dimensions Ø 25.60 mm, 11 1/2’’’ Functions Hours, minutes and central sweep seconds hands, date with quick setting, stop second device, date window at 6 o’clock Winding Automatic
- Power reserve 38 hours
- Vibrations 4 Hz (28’800 A/h)
- Jewels 26
- Design Blush Pink, Aegean Blue or Seafoam Green mother-of-pearl dial
- Luminous material Super-LumiNova®
- Indices Applied
- Bracelet Multi-piece stainless steel metal bracelet with folding clasp
- Availability August 2022
- Retail price CHF 2’200 ($2,400)