As we saw a few weeks back, Oris likes teaming up with organizations making a positive change in the world, and particularly those that rely on aircraft to fulfill their mission. I mean, Oris is a aviation-derived watch company, after all. Their latest releases is renewing their partnership with Rega, the Oris Big Crown ProPilot Rega Fleet L.E.
The Oris Big Crown ProPilot is a great platform to start with – in our review of the watch, we came away quite favorably impressed. For the Oris Big Crown ProPilot Rega Fleet L.E. we’ve obviously got things color-coordinated to Rega’s color scheme. For aviation, we’ve got a GMT complication (the 24-hour scale is printed on the chapter ring). Then, in a nod to the medical rescue nature of what Rega does, you’ve got a pulsometer scale printed, to be able to quickly – and accurately – time the pulse rate of whomever you’re tending to.
So, there are some interesting changes here, and the pulsometer scale of the Oris Big Crown ProPilot Rega Fleet L.E. (which is more commonly showing up on simpler three-handers or even a chronograph) expands the interest of the watch from just pilots to those who are more medically-inclined. Though, for the aerospace geeks out there, there’s another fun wrinkle.
You see, there are actually 21 (yes, twenty one) different versions being released. From the front, you can’t tell, but flip the watch over, and you’ll see what’s going. Rega actually flies 18 different helicopters, and three planes – netting us our 21. So, whether you’re a fan of the Airbus H145, the Bombardier Challenger 650, or something else, you can find the flight deck of your choice.
Regardless of which version of the Oris Big Crown ProPilot Rega Fleet L.E. you choose, you’ll get the watch in a travel pouch, and it comes with two straps – one black, one red. And yes, it has the amazing seatbelt buckle deployant on it as well. Whatever the version, it’ll run you CHF 3,100 (just under $3,400) to have this watch on your wrist.
Tech Specs from Oris
- Case Multi-piece stainless steel case with gunmetal grey PVD coating, grey PVD-coated bi-directional rotating bezel with red ‘golden hour’ triangle and pulsometer scale
- Size 41.00 mm (1.614 inches)
- Dial Black
- Luminous material Hands and indices with Super-LumiNova®
- Top glass Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
- Case back Stainless steel, gunmetal grey PVD coating, screwed, special engravings
- Operating devices Stainless steel screw-in security crown
- Strap Black leather strap with gunmetal grey PVD-coated stainless steel folding clasp with Oris-patented ‘LIFT’ system. Supplied with additional quick-change red rubber strap and clasp-change tool
- Water resistance 10 bar (100 m)
- Number Oris 798
- Functions Centre hands for hours, minutes, seconds and second time zone, date window, instantaneous date, date corrector, fine timing device and stop-second
- Winding Automatic
- Power reserve 42 hours
- Limited edition 21 models, each limited to 100 pieces, totalling 2,100 watches. Each delivered in a red Ventile® travel pouch
- Swiss retail price CHF 3,100
- Available September 2021