The brilliance of what Undone does is that they’ve got a solid base in their designs, which they can then mix and match, throw in other colors or materials, or quickly pivot to implement a new license in their watches. Where that really shines is when they have fun with it, and that’s precisely what they’ve done here with the two new Undone x Minions watches.
Rather than just slap some Minions images on the dial and call it a day, they took a step back and thought about it. For the chronograph – known as the 8-bit Speedster – they created 8-bit pixel art of the Minions, and put that into the subdials. Around the back of the watch, you’ve got a spinning wheel of Minions doing what they do best – chaos.
For the other watch – the Stuart – they took the cyclops Minion and made it the focal point of the whole watch. The dial? All yellow. Center of the dial? One Minion eyeball, safely tucked away behind it’s safety goggle. While the Speedster is fun, in it’s own way, the Stuart just really seems to get what makes the Minions just so funny and appealing. You can get the 8-bit Speedster (the chronograph) for $399, or $499 for a two-watch set that includes the cyclops known as Stuart. undone.com
Tech Specs from Undone
- WATCH 1 (8-Bit Speedster): Japanese TMI VK63 Mechanical-Quartz Hybrid Flyback Chronograph
- WATCH 2 (Stuart): Japanese TMI VH31 Quartz Movement with Sweep Second Hand
- WARRANTY: 12 Month Warranty from purchase date
- WATCH 1 (8-Bit Speedster): Case Width – 41.8mm excl. crown Case Thickness – 12.7mm incl. crystal
- WATCH 2 (Stuart): Case Width – 40mm excl. crown Case Thickness – 12mm incl. crystal
- WATCH 1 (8-Bit Speedster): Case – 316L Stainless Steel Lens – Sapphire Crystal
- WATCH 2 (Stuart): Case – 316L Stainless Steel Lens – Hardened Single Domed K1 Crystal
- WATER RESISTANCE
- WATCH 1 (8-Bit Speedster): 10 ATM / 100 Meters
- WATCH 2 (Stuart): 5 ATM / 50 Meters