One of the most interesting sports chronographs of the year has now joined Team Blue Dial. The H. Moser & Cie Streamliner, which we first wrote about 10 months ago (although it feels more like 10 years ago), will soon be available with what the Swiss luxury watchmaker is calling a ?funky blue? dial. Who says Switzerland doesn?t have any fun?
Says H. Moser & Cie:
In Haute Horlogerie, it is the details which make all the difference. With the Streamliner Flyback Chronograph Automatic Funky Blue, H. Moser & Cie. has created a piece which brings together harmonious proportions, fluid forms and high-end finishes, all presided over by this colour which has become an iconic part of the H. Moser & Cie. palette: Funky Blue. As with all models in the Streamliner collection, this chronograph has perfectly rounded curves, evoking the very first high-speed trains from the Twenties and Thirties whose name it adopts.
We?re just as smitten with this ?funky blue? dial variant as we were with the anthracite gray one that released earlier this year: the retro-inspired design of the steel cushion case evokes the curves of the automobiles it?s intended to measure, and the tapered, integrated bracelet with articulated links just looks so very nice indeed. And this, coming from a NATO kind of guy.
And, of course, now it?s in blue. Funky blue, to be exact, joining the likes of Tudor in taking a popular watch and offering a blue dial version for folks like us to lust over. Alas, we?re unlikely to do more than lust given the $43,900 retail price. Such is life.
Tech Specs from H. Moser & Cie
- Reference 6902-1201, steel model, Funky Blue fum? dial, steel integrated bracelet
- Steel topped by a gently domed sapphire crystal
- Diameter: 42.3 mm
- Height without sapphire crystal: 12.1 mm
- Chronograph push-buttons at 10 and 2 o’clock
- Screw-in crown at 4 o’clock adorned with an engraved ?M?
- See-through case-back
- Dynamic water resistance to 12 ATM (allowing the chronograph and flyback function to be used underwater)
- Integrated steel bracelet
- Folding clasp with three steel blades, engraved with the Moser logo
- Funky Blue fum?
- Hour and minute hands with Globolight? inserts
- Minute track for the elapsed seconds and minutes
- Tachymeter on the flange
- Calibre HMC 902 developed with AGENHOR for H. Moser & Cie., self-winding movement
- Diameter: 34.4 mm or 15 1/4 lignes
- Height: 7.3 mm
- Frequency: 21,600 vibrations/hour
- Bi-directional winding
- Tungsten oscillating weight, positioned between the movement and the dial
- Double barrel
- Column wheel chronograph
- Two-stage chronograph mechanism
- Horizontal clutch with friction wheel; smooth wheel equipped with micro-teeth to avoid any issues when the teeth intermesh and reduce unwanted jerks when starting the chronograph
- Tulip yoke allowing the chronograph to be triggered or released
- 434 components
- 55 jewels
- Power reserve: minimum 54 hours
- Hours and minutes
- Chronograph with central display and indication of the elapsed minutes and seconds
- Flyback on the minutes and seconds