It was about this time two years ago when we went hands-on with the original Nodus Avalon (you can read about that here). Two years can be an eternity in the watch world, and now they’ve come back with a newer version of the watch, the aptly-named Nodus Avalon II.
The fully CNC-milled case of the Nodus Avalon II looks much like the original, though it looks to be a touch slimmer, while still maintaining the 300m WR rating. The handset looks the same as well; the dial is where you’ll notice the biggest change.
As you can see from that photo above, the Nodus Avalon II features a waffle pattern on it, where the original had a smooth/flat dial. The indices here are changed around a bit as well. Still applied, but we’ve got slightly different shapes at play here, filled with SuperLuminova T-C1 X1 lume to light up the night.
The other big change for the Nodus Avalon II is found in the bracelet. They’ve been working on this for the past two years, and now they’re ready to introduce this new H-link bracelet. Specifically, they worked on building a reliable and comfortable extension clasp. How comfortable is it? Well, we’ve not seen it yet, but if we get a loaner in, we’ll tell you all about it.
The Nodus Avalon II was introduced just a few days ago, and the launch order period is still running. Prices have risen a little over the original, but it’s still not bad for a microbrand diver as well-designed as this one. For $700, you can place your order and have one shipped to your door. Check it out, and get your order in, over at noduswatches.com
Tech Specs from Nodus
- Case: 316L surgical-grade stainless steel
- Bracelet: 316L steel | Solid H-Links | Custom Clasp
- Dimensions: 41.5mm bezel width | 43.5mm case width | 12.5mm thickness | 48mm lug-to-lug | 20mm lug width
- Movement: Miyota 9015 automatic movement | Made in Japan | Regulated in four positions (+/- 8 secs/day)
- Crystal: Double-dome sapphire crystal | Blue AR on underside
- Bezel: Glossy ceramic insert (fully lumed)
- Luminescence: Swiss Super-LumiNova® T-C1 Grade X1
- Water Resistance: 300 meters / 1000 feet
- Price: $700USD ($600 USD early-bird promotion until March 7th)