Buckle up, friends. Geneva Watch Days is happening (it ends today), which means there will be a flood of new releases for us to talk about. The first one we’ll bring your attention to is one that is immediately familiar, but also has some details hiding in there that bring a fresh look. Meet the Oris Divers Sixty-Five 12H Calibre 400.
On one hand, the Oris Divers Sixty-Five is a very familiar watch, as we’ve seen a number of different versions of it over the past few years, be it things like different dial colors or materials. This time, it’s going back to always-classic black-and-steel, with some changes that are quite nice.
The first – and perhaps most significant change – is the fact that the Oris Divers Sixty-Five 12H Calibre 400 features the Calibre 400 movement, for the first time in a non-limited edition watch. This brings even better magnetism resistance, a five day (yes, 120 hours!) power reserve, a 10-year warranty, and a 10-year servicing interval. This is a massive vote of confidence in the movement they’re placing in the 40mm case, and should serve you well over the long run.
The other big change to the Oris Divers Sixty-Five 12H Calibre 400 is the bezel. Rather than a dive time bezel – as we’re accustomed to – it has a 12-hour bezel on it. With this, you can easily track a second time zone (think of it as a bone-simple GMT). Between that and the date display at 6 o’clock, this looks like a realization that many of us like the look of a diver, but don’t actually go diving. I, for one, rather like it, and could consider using this instead of a GMT watch to track my UTC server times.
If you find yourself rowing that same boat, just know that this movement does not come inexpensively. While the main Divers Sixty-Five line (excluding limited editions) comes in between $2,200 and $2,600, the Oris Divers Sixty-Five 12H Calibre 400 comes in at $3,500 on a leather strap, or $3,700 on the bracelet. This definitely sets a new high standard for the line, and should no doubt prove to be popular. oris.ch
Tech Specs from Oris
- Ref. No.
- 01 400 7772 4054-07 5 20 82
- 01 400 7772 4054-07 8 20 18
- Material Multi-piece stainless steel case, bi-directional rotating bezel with aluminum insert and 12-hour second time zone scale
- Size 40.00 mm, 1.575 inches
- Top glass Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti- reflective coating inside
- Case back Stainless steel, screwed, see-through sapphire glass
- Operating devices Stainless steel screw-in security crown
- Water resistance 10 bar (100 m)
- Interhorn width 20 mm
- Number Oris Calibre 400
- Dimensions 30.00 mm, 13 1?4’’’
- Functions Centre hands for hours, minutes and seconds, date window, instantaneous date, date corrector, fine-timing device and stop-second Winding Automatic
- Power reserve 120 hours
- Vibrations 4 hz (28’800 A/h)
- Jewels 24
- Design Black
- Luminous material Indices and hands with Super- LumiNova®
- Indices Applied
- Bracelet Black leather strap with stainless steel buckle, or multi-piece stainless steel bracelet with folding clasp
- Availability August 2022
- Retail price LS CHF 3’100, MB CHF 3’300 ($3,500 on leather, $3,700 on bracelet)