Wow – for all of the restrained elegance in the H. Moser designs, they certainly did not hold back when putting the name together for this new watch, did they? Good-natured joking aside, any time a new watch comes from this brand, I pay attention. And the H. Moser Pioneer Centre Seconds Swiss Mad Red is certainly an attention-grabber.
One upon a time, I had a car that was a similar hue to this watch, and my buddy’s dad called it “Hello officer red” – ie, something that naturally catches the eye of anyone who sees it. This is definitely the opposite of what you’d be going for with their Vantablack offerings. And sure, you’ve no doubt seen red dials with the darker gradient, but there just seems to be a little extra there with the fum? process that H. Moser uses to create their dials.
Under the dial you’ve got their in-house movement, the HMC 200 automatic. You’ve got all the standard fun stuff (a different hairspring, special decoration, and so on), but the big thing to call out here is that power reserve. Three days may not sound like much, but thats 72 hours. Most watches will give you in the 38-42 hour range. So, if you find yourself changing out watches every other day, this is one you can easily leave unworn for a day (or maybe two) and come back to it still on the accurate time.
While I find myself more drawn to their blue dials, this new shade used on the H. Moser Pioneer Centre Seconds Swiss Mad Red is definitely quite striking, and can be yours for just $12,900. You can check out all the details – and get your order in – right on over at h-moser.com
Tech Specs from Moser
- Reference 3200-1207, steel model, Swiss Mad Red fum? dial, black rubber strap
- Solid steel
- Diameter: 42.8 mm
- Height without sapphire crystal: 10.6 mm
- Domed sapphire crystal
- See-through case back
- Screw-in crown adorned with an ?M?
- Water-resistant to 12 ATM
- Swiss Mad Red fum? with sunburst pattern
- Applique indexes, with hour markers in Superluminova?
- Leaf-shaped hands, partially skeletonised
- Superluminova? luminescent elements on hands
- HMC 200 self-winding calibre
- Diameter: 32.0 mm or 14 1/4 lignes
- Height: 5.5 mm
- Frequency: 21,600 Vib/h
- 27 jewels
- Automatic bi-directional pawl winding system
- Engraved oscillating weight
- Power reserve: minimum of 3 days
- Hacking seconds
- Original Straumann Hairspring? with flat overcoil
- Finish with Moser stripes
- Hours and minutes
- Central seconds
- Black rubber strap
- Steel pin buckle, engraved with the H. Moser & Cie. logo