As I mentioned earlier this week, the warm weather summertime is a great time to introduce some color to your wrist. If you want something even more colorful – and perhaps a touch more affordable – than those divers then this latest release, the Undone Stellar, may be what you’re searching for.
Now, if you’ve followed Undone for some time, you’ll know that they like to re-use large parts of prior watches and mix it up into a new design. And there’s nothing wrong with that – when you’re doing small runs, having case designs that you know work and can reuse time and again is just smart design. In the case of the Undone Stellar, this is the same watch we saw with the Undone Moomin. The big changes here, of course, are in the dial and strap, particularly the colors.
As you can see, the Undone Stellar is available in three colors – a yellow dial on an orange strap, a Tiffany blue dial on a washed denim blue strap, and purple on a black strap. These all give the pops of color, and if you should want to mute things down a bit, you’ve also got a dark brown leather strap that comes in the box along with your purchase, so you’ve got that option. Frankly, I think the blue and orange straps would work quite well against the yellow and blue dials, respectively.
The other big change on the dial of the Undone Stellar is up at 12 o’clock. Here, you’ll notice a “Khanjar” emblem, something that is closely tied to Oman. It started appearing on watches back in the 60s (we most commonly see it on vintage Rolexes that pop up for sale), and was used to signify the wearer as someone of great importance, as they were never made available to the public. Want to read more on this topic? This article over on ACollectedMan has all the details.
Unlike those high-end vintange examples, the Undone Stellar is very much in the affordable realm. Available now (and only now through July 8, 2021), you can pick one of these up for just $349. As we know, chronographs aren’t my thing, but if you wanted to get a Khanjar watch into your collection, this is certainly a way to do it. Not as exclusive as the originals, but with only 300 pieces of each color being made, you’re still in a somewhat exclusive club. undone.com
Tech Specs from Undone
- Case: 316L stainless steel; 40mm diameter x 12.7mm thick; lug-to-lug of 47.6mm
- Crystal: hardened domed K1 crystal and a display caseback.
- Water resistance: 3 ATM/30 meters.
- Movement: Japanese TMI VK64 Mechanical-Quartz Hybrid Flyback Chronograph, with a sweeping central chronograph seconds. The subdials show a 24-hour display and 60-minute counter.
- Strap: each watch comes with a colorful strap, as well as a second dark brown leather strap, both fitted with quick-change springbars.
- Availability: 300 pieces of each color; only available between June 24 and July 8, 2021