Usually, yachting-specific watches have a rather, shall we say, unique look to them, sometimes with functions that us land lubbers just really don’t have a use for. Then you come to something like the Frederique Constant Runabout, which is built to honor the wooden runabouts of Italy, with a style that anyone can appreciate.
The Frederique Constant Runabout first showed up in 2009, honoring those aforementioned boats that populated the shores of Lake Iseo. Every year, owners of these boats come together (most recently, the Geneva Riva Days happened July 7 – 11, 2022). For this year’s edition, there are two versions of the Frederique Constant Runabout being introduced, one in rose gold plating, and one in stainless steel (which is the one we’ll see here in the States).
The 42mm stainless steel case has a dial with a guilloche treatment on it, purposely done to catch the light and increase the legibility of the dial in whole. While the indices are fully polished, the handset is filled with luminous paint, so you’ll be able to check the time even when the sun goes down.
Only 888 of the Frederique Constant Runabout are being made this year, coming in at $1,895. Want to pick one up? Just head on over to their site, and get your order in to take out on your own boat. Or, you know, play with the boats in the bathtub. frederiqueconstant.com
Tech Specs from Frederique Constant
- Reference: FC-303RMB5B6
- Functions: Hours, minutes, seconds, date
- FC-303 caliber, automatic
- Diamond collimaçon decoration
- 38-hour power reserve, 26 jewels, 28’800 alt/h
- Polished stainless steel 2-part case
- Diameter of 42 mm
- Height of 11,50 mm
- Scratch-resistant convex sapphire crystal
- See-through case back with Riva Historical Society printed logo Water-resistant up to 5 ATM/50m/164ft
- Black dial with sunray finishing and clous de Paris guilloché in the center
- 60 seconds and minutes graduation on outer ring
- Applied silver color Arabic indexes filled with white luminous treatment Silver color hour and minute hands filled with white luminous treatment
- Light blue second hand
- Date window at 6 o’clock
- Strap: Dark grey blue calf leather strap with light blue stitching
- Limited edition: Limited to 888 pieces
- Availability: July 2022