After a bit of a Yema drought on our pages, it seems like we’re getting hit with interesting designs that catch our eyes. Last week, we wrote about one, and now we’ve got yet another that we wouldn’t mind putting on our wrist. Meet the Yema Navygraf Marine Nationale GMT.
What is it?
At it’s core, the Yema Navygraf Marine Nationale GMT is a Yema design that has been around for a bit. We’re familiar with how they do a GMT, and the overall look of the design is, well, very Yema. What makes this one a bit more special is the collaboration with the French Navy (Yema is a French brand), which is why we’ve got the Marine Nationale in the name (and on the dial).
Why we like it
As we’ve said before (and even earlier this week), the GMT complication is among the most useful in our book (we’re asking for clarification if this is a Caller or Traveller movement). For this specific design, we like the rich blue used on the dial, which is then also offset by the yellow accents on the dial (and GMT hand), plus the white lower half of the bezel. It’s just a very solid look, and the color scheme works, keeping day and night separated, without beating you over the head that this is a military watch. We also like to see that the bezel lock attachment on the crown has also been eliminated. Sure, it’s iconic for the brand, but we think the watch looks better without it.
How can you get one?
Well, that’s easy, you just go over to Yema and place your order. On the stainless bracelet (and with a secondary parachute strap), it’s going for $1,349. In a surprise twist, if you instead go for the Viton strap (which still comes with the second parachute strap), the price is higher, at $1,379. Check it all out over at yema.com
Tech Specs from Yema
- DIAMETER / THICKNESS / LUGS: 38.5 mm / 12 mm / 19 mm
- CASE: Vertical Brushed 316L stainless steel
- Bidirectional stainless steel bezel with sapphire insert, 24-hour GMT graduation
- Markers and triangular marker at 12 o’clock (Super-LumiNova BGW9 Grade A)
- White luminescent bezel in (Super-LumiNova BGW9 Grade A)
- CROWN: Screw-down crown with Marine Nationale crest embossed
- YEMA3000 In-house Caliber
- Adjusted to +/-10 seconds per day by our watchmakers before and after assembly
- Maximum rate of +/- 25 seconds per day
- GMT Automatic
- 28 800 A/h
- Hours, minutes, seconds and GMT timezones
- Date at 3 o’clock
- POWER RESERVE: 42 Hours
- DIAL & HANDS
- Matt blue
- Applied polished SS indexes
- Polished SS hands
- Super-LumiNova BGW9 Grade A
- CRYSTAL: 2.50 mm double domed sapphire crystal
- WATER RESISTANCE: 30 BAR / 990 feet / 300 m
- Vertical brushed 316L stainless steel band
- Diver’s extension folding clasp with embossed Y YEMA logo
- Nato strap ” Parachute “
- FKM strap