Mr Jones Watches Company is a small, self described cult watch brand out of London. They make interesting looking and affordable watches that are definitely outside the norm. Patrick has tended to cover the brand in the past, but I am going to look at the Mr Jones Watches The Green Man, a definite departure from the norm.
The time is displayed on two rotating disks that are visible in the Green Man’s mouth at the bottom of the hour. His upper row of teeth show the hour, and the bottom row the minute. There is quite a bit of hand work in order to print the gentleman’s face onto glass plates used to hide the rotating dials.
The US price for the watch is around $260, and I was initially expecting a quartz movement in the watch considering the price point, the level of customization, and the fact that the watch is limited to 100 pieces. I was very pleasantly surprised to see that the watch has not just an automatic movement, but a jumping hour Seagull ST1721 automatic movement.
The caseback displays your numbered watch in the edition of 100, and you actually can pick from the available numbers when you order your watch (there are about 60 watches left). The watch is a little small for me at 37mm, but it would certainly be a conversation starter. The same type of time display is used for the Last Laugh and Last Laugh Tattoo watches, so if you like the concept but want something a little spookier, these might be for you. mrjoneswatches
- Brand & Model: Mr Jones Watches The Green Man
- Price: approx. $260 USD
- Who we think it might be for: You are the type of person who wants to be asked about your watch.
- Would I buy one for myself based on what I’ve seen?: I would definitely wear it. Not often, but I would wear it.
- If I could make one design suggestion, it would be: Maybe a larger matte black case instead of the 37mm gloss.
- What spoke to me the most about this watch: It makes me smile.
Tech Specs from Mr Jones Watches
- Movement: Seagull ST1721 20 jewel automatic
- Functions: Jumping hour movement.
- Case: PVD coated 316L stainless steel.
- Glass: Not specified
- Water resistance: 5 ATM
- Lug width: Not specified
- Straps: Black leather with turquoise stitching.
- Diameter: 37 mm
- Case Height: Not specified
Thank you for reading this WristWatchReview post. With so many things competing for everyone’s attention these days, we really appreciate you giving us your time. We work hard every day to put quality content out there for our community.
WristWatchReview is one of the few remaining truly independent watch news outlets. We do not have a giant corporation behind us, and we rely heavily on our community to support us, in an age when advertisers are increasingly uninterested in sponsoring small, independent watch sites — especially a site like ours that is unwilling to pull punches in its reporting and analysis. We don't play the games the other sites play and we've paid for it when it comes to ad revenue.
We would love for you to support us on Patreon and every little bit helps. Thank you.
–The WWR Team