While we’ve not written about Defakto as of late, it doesn’t mean the brand hasn’t been busy creating watches to grab your attention. To close out the year, they’ve got two limited-edition releases for you – the Defakto Vektor Modul, and the Defakto Stille Nacht.
Now, the Defakto Vektor Modul should look familiar, it’s similar to the model we reviewed (seen here), albeit with much slimmer hands and indices. Still, the overall profile is there. While I’d prefer the larger hands and indices of the Transit, the slimmer look here really cements the vintage looks of the watch. Powered by a Miyota 9015, only 20 pieces are being made at $700. You can read more about it here.
On the other hand, if you want something a bit more “artsy” and with a whole lot more glow, the Defakto Stille Nacht is where it’s at. We’ve written about prior versions, and I find myself no less enamored of them now. The starfield is airbrushed on, meaning each dial is going to be unique, and even for all those stars, the handset seems easy to pick out to read the time. If you want to carry this silent night on your wrist, 50 pieces are available at $880; more about the watch here.
We’ve long been fans of the Defakto line with their Ickler-designed cases. Here, we’ve got different movements coming in (Miyota and ETA) but they should make for watches that are solid choices for everyday. These are of course the LE models; you can check out the full collection over at defakto-watches.com
Tech Specs from Defakto
Defakto Vektor Modul (Ref-Nr.: VEK-MOD-MATT-SW)
- Three-hand watch
- Three-piece 39 mm stainless steel watchcase (316L), sandblasted
- Height including sphered acrylic crystal 9.8mm
- 39 mm x 44 mm x 9,8 mm, weight 51g
- Automatic movement Miyota 9015, Made in Japan
- Engraved see-through case back, stainless steel (316L)
- Matt black dial, convex
- Fine watch-hands, curved
- Flowing, sweeping second hand
- Ergonomic clasp with engraved Defakto logo
- German-made cowhide strap with fast release system
- Water resistant to 35 atm
- Made in Pforzheim, Germany
Defakto Stille Nacht (Ref-Nr.: KIN-PVD-SW-SN)
- Three-hand watch with unique airbrush star field dial
- Three-piece 39 mm stainless steel watchcase (316L), sandblasted, Pvd-coated
- 39 mm x 45 mm x 9.8 mm, weight 59 g
- Automatic watch movement ETA 2824-2, made in Switzerland
- Engraved see-through case back, stainless steel (316L), sandblasted, Pvd-coated
- Interacting skeleton watch hands, white matt, red matt
- Coated with Superluminova BGW9/Red, made in Switzerland
- Constantly flowing second hand
- Matt black dial with airbrushed star fields, partly fluorescent
- Sapphire crystal, antireflective
- Ergonomic Defakto clasp, engraved
- German-made Defakto cowhide strap w. fast release system
- Water resistant to 10 atm
- Made in Pforzheim, Germany
Thank you for reading this WristWatchReview post. With so many things competing for everyone’s attention these days, we really appreciate you giving us your time. We work hard every day to put quality content out there for our community.
WristWatchReview is one of the few remaining truly independent watch news outlets. We do not have a giant corporation behind us, and we rely heavily on our community to support us, in an age when advertisers are increasingly uninterested in sponsoring small, independent watch sites — especially a site like ours that is unwilling to pull punches in its reporting and analysis. We don't play the games the other sites play and we've paid for it when it comes to ad revenue.
We would love for you to support us on Patreon and every little bit helps. Thank you.
–The WWR Team