Is the greatest watch collection Crepas will ever produce? Well, only time will tell that. Didn’t stop them from put the grand name onto this new collection, though, did it? Let’s jump into what the three watches are of the Crepas Magnum Opus collection – and quick-like, as this campaign closes out in a few days.
Now, if you’re familar with Crepas, you’re probably thinking dive watches, and that’s fair, as that’s the sandbox they play in. And in fact, that’s what the Crepas Magnum Opus is – two versions carry a crazy 1200m WR rating (the chronograph is limited to just 200m). The three watches, in total, look very much alike. They’ve got the same 44mm shrouded case giving you those 60s/70s vibes, a ceramic bezel on top, and a dial inset with main handset that is the same across the trio.
Where the Crepas Magnum Opus differentiates itself is by what movement – and therefore, complications – it’s offering up. The first one has an ETA 2824 in it, so you’ve got a three-hander plus date. Next, you’ve got my favorite in the 2893 bringing a GMT hand to the mix. And then last, but not least, you’ve got a DUBOIS DEPRAZ 2075 enabling a chronograph to happen (and only 100 of these will be made).
I like seeing how the Crepas Magnum Opus can serve itself up three ways, appealing to different tastes and wants. Or six, if you include that you’ve got the choice between a blue dial and bezel, or black. Unsurprisingly, this campaign has hit it’s funding goal, and closes out on March 28th. If you want to get in, the three-hander runs $706, the GMT is $949, and the Chronograph tops out at $1,385 – which frankly ain’t bad for a mechanical chronograph. I’ve not seen these in person, but from the photos, they look to be impressively designed chonky bois for your diving – desk or otherwise – pleasure. campaign page
Tech Specs from Crepas
- LUG TO LUG: 53,00mm.
- BEZEL: Ø 44,00mm.
- THICKNESS: 15,35mm.
- MOVEMENTS: Swiss Made ETA 2824-2, ETA 2893-2 or DD2075
- CRYSTAL: Antireflective flat glass. Ø 34,00mm. 4,5mm thickness.
- HANDS: Classic square hands with Swiss Superluminova C3.
- LUME: Swiss Superluminova C3 and BGW9
- BEZEL: Unidirectional rotatable 120 positions with ceramic insert. 60 minutes counter.
- WR: 120ATM = 1200m, (20ATM = 200m for chronograph version)
- Bracelet: Solid stainless steel bracelet with 18mm clasp.
- CROWN: Signed screw down crown. Ø 6,50 mm
- CASE BACK COVER: Screw down case back cover.
- FINISHED: Brushed stainless steel.