Long-time readers of this site will undoubtedly recall that I am not particularly drawn to chronographs. Yes, they’re technical marvels, but I end never end up using the complication. That does not mean, however, that I am immune to their charms, particularly when done in a lovely blue hue such as we have with the Ollech & Wajs Astrochron.
A large part of the appeal for this version of the Ollech & Wajs Astrochron – for me – is the Perlon strap it’s paired with, that extends that blue color. Of course, that sort of strap lets you know that this watch is ready to be out on and near the water (as does the 500m WR rating).
I also appreciate the fact that the bezel is a compass bezel, which means you’ve got some additional land-based capability. Which means, if you are drawn to chronographs – and especially those powered by a Valjoux movement – that the Ollech & Wajs Astrochron is a pretty solid all-around option for heading out for summertime adventures – whether they’re on the trail, around the campfire, or yes, out on the water.
The Ollech & Wajs Astrochron is built-to-order, which means it’ll show up in your mailbox around 11 weeks after you order it. So, if you want one for summer vacation, you’d better get it ordered soon. To add the Ollech & Wajs Astrochron to your summer wardrobe, bring $2,655 and head over to ow-watch.ch
Tech Specs from Ollech & Wajs
- Year: 2023
- Dimensions: 39.56 mm X 16.8 mm
- Brushed 316L stainless steel, screwed back, screw-down crown, twin pushers with 4 gaskets.
- Date adjusted by special diving pusher at 10 o’clock.
- Rotating 360-degree compass bezel with cardinal direction markers and an angle scale / two tone 60 mn bezel with 20 mn diver’s scale.
- Manufactured in Jura, Switzerland.
- Glass: Semi-domed sapphire with anti-glare treatment
- Hands and indexes in Super-LumiNova®
- A seconds register, a 12 hour totalizer, and 30 minute totalizer incorporating a Regatta counter
- Water resistance: 500m/ 50 atm
- Automatic Valjoux 7753 OW PRECISION 5 position adjusted, 27 Jewels. 28,800 bph, with a power reserve of +/- 54 h. Mainplate engraved Ollech & Wajs Zurich 1956, and OW machined rotor
- Origin: Swiss Made
- Strap: 20mm hand-crafted, premium quality Perlon ‘Regatta’ band with engraved buckle.