Well, if you happen to be driving an Infiniti, that is – and you happen to be one of a fortunate 200 people. Bell & Ross have introduced a new 44 mm timepiece in the form of the BR02-8 Carbon Case Purple 8 Pro Dial. The tie to the Infiniti brand is slightly tenuous, in my opinion. Per the information I could find, it’s in the form of the purple hue found on the second hand and at the 8 o’clock position. Apparently, that’s the same hue as is used in the LED backlighting on current Infiniti models.
Those adjustments aside, it is a striking piece. It seems very readable, and a somewhat understated piece. Something that could quite easily blend in in any environment. So, if you have an Infiniti and a spare five grand, this may be the piece for you to seek out!
- Movement: Automatic mechanical ETA 2982
- Functions: Hours, minutes and seconds (all central hands). Date with quick correction
- Case: Diameter 44mm, steel with matte black PVD finish, screw-in winding crowns, decompression valve
- Back: Screw-down, steel with engraving of the Infiniti signature. Bell & Ross insignia etched below
- Dial: Black. Infiniti purple-coloured seconds pointer and number ‘8’. Index and hands covered in a photo-luminescent coating for optimal night reading. Unidirectional internal bezel toothed and graduated to 60 minutes
- Glass: Anti-reflection sapphire crystal
- Water-resistance: 1,000 metres
- Straps: Black rubber
- Reference: BR 02 Purple 8 Pro Dial
- Price: €3,500 or $5,080
- Unique edition of 200 examples worldwide