If you recall, we brought you some news that Resco had their Red Circle up for pre-order, which has since closed. If you wanted to get in on the new Resco models, however, you do still have time to get one of the other two new pieces they’re bringing to market.
The one we’ll cover today is the Bullfrog Heritage line. Why the name Bullfrog? These are actually an homage to the first Navy SEAL teams (aka FrogMen); that’s where the case design comes from as well. They drew inspiration from the Elgin Canteen, which was the first watch issued to the teams.
While this is really just a single watch, there are six variations, comprised of three dial choices and two case finishes. Regardless of the piece you choose, you’ll get the following:
- Case: stainless steel (bead blast or PVD finish); 42mm diameter by 13mm thick; 20mm lugs
- Movement: Swiss V-24 automatic with Incabloc shock protection (28,800 VPH)
- Crystal: 3mm domed sapphire; AR coated on the underneath
- Dial: matte black with C3 lume applied; one of three choices for the logo (Freddie, Sterile, or Trident)
- Strap: comes with a basic nylon strap; there are several upgrade options available (gator, buffalo, kevlar)
All told, these are some very rough-n-ready looking pieces. If you opt for the sterile dial, you’ll need to bring along $1742.50 (which is inclusive of a 15% discount); for one of the logoed dials, you’ll need $2082.50. Those prices are for the bead blast finish; if you want PVD, prices jump up another couple of hundred dollars.
I don’t know how long the pre-order discounts will be in place. But, as delivery is planned for late Summer, you’ll want to move on this sooner, rather than later, if you’re interested. Just head on over here, and make your selections.