By now, you should be familiar with the Oris Divers Sixty-Five, as it seems to be everywhere, with new versions popping up a few times per year. We’ve gone hands-on with the lineup, and have written about others (check that out here). Well, at Watches & Wonders last week, they introduced the delightful Oris Divers Sixty-Five Cotton Candy.
Now, at once, you can tell that the Oris Divers Sixty-Five Cotton Candy is part of the 65 lineup – it’s got the same clean dial and keeps the timing bezel. Here, though, the 38mm case comes in a bronze alloy (steel caseback) that, frankly, plays very nicely against the pastel hues on this trio. They’ve also put a bronze insert into the timing bezel. While I tend to not like these sort of “relief” bezel inserts, here it looks quite nice to me – perhaps due to the narrow ring involved, so it’s got smaller numerals and indices.
The big attention-getter on the Oris Divers Sixty-Five Cotton Candy is of course those dials – coming in a nice Tiffany blue (my favorite), mint green (a VERY close second) and then a cheerful rosé (which one of my daughters would be quite pleased to see come in on a loan). It’s a solid change to the very bold dials which we see a lot of. Sure, those are nice, especially if they hit your favorite colors. Here, with the pastel range, it softens things up a bit, allowing the color to come through without punching you in the eye.
All in all, there’s a lot that I like about the Oris Divers Sixty-Five Cotton Candy lineup. With one exception. If you take a closer look at the photos of bracelet-equipped versions, it looks like the solid end links don’t follow the profile of the lugs. Or, if they do, it clips in at such an angle that it just looks off. It’s tough to get right, and many brands simply don’t. Given as many iterations as there have been of the Divers Sixty-Five, I’d have expected that detail to have been sorted by now. So, while I tend to recommend getting a bracelet if one is offered, here, I’d find myself going towards the leather strap. When they launch in June, the watches will be available for 2’200 CHF (strap) or 2’500 CHF (bracelet) direct from oris.ch
Tech Specs from Oris
- Ref. No.: 01 733 7771 3155 / 01 733 7771 3157 / 01 733 7771 3158
- Material Multi-piece bronze case, uni-directional rotating bezel with bronze inlay and minute scale in relief
- Size 38.00 mm, 1.496 inches
- Top glass Sapphire, domed on both sides, anti-reflective coating inside
- Caseback Stainlesssteel,specialengravings,screwed Operating devices Stainless steel screw-in security crown Water resistance 10 bar (100 m)
- Interhorn width 19 mm
- Number Oris 733
- Dimensions 25.60 mm, 11.5 inches
- Functions Centre hands for hours, minutes and seconds, date window, instantaneous date, date corrector, fine-timing device and stop-second
- Winding Automatic
- Power reserve 38 hours
- Vibrations 4 Hz (28’800 A/h)
- Jewels 26
- Design Sky blue, wild green or lipstick pink
- Luminous material Indices and hands with Super-LumiNova® Indices Applied
- Material options Brown leather strap with bronze buckle, or multi-piece bronze bracelet with folding clasp
- Availability June 2021
- Swiss retail price LS CHF 2’200
- MB CHF 2’500