When we see the warmer temps hit, we tend to see the brighter colors hitting, whether it’s on our shorts, shirts, or yes, our watches. That said, there’s nothing wrong with a bright pop of color for the cold winter months. So, I’d say that these new colors of the Tutima M2 Seven Seas are great for summer – and the rest of the year.
To be fair, the Tutima M2 Seven Seas is not a new model, it’s been around awhile. But, from my experience back in the day of the auto industry, that means manufacturing kinks should be all smoothed out now. Here, we’ve got the same 44mm titanium case (in a blasted finish), at a relatively svelte 13mm considering you’ve got a 500m WR rating involved. With the titanium, it should be relatively light as well. It all adds up to a competent toolwatch three-hander that gets the additional functionality with the day/date complication, making a it a good everyday sort of a watch.
Along with the new colors (either signal orange or a yellow to rival the ball of fire in the sky), you’ve got a new strap option. The Tutima M2 Seven Seas does come with the matched titanium bracelet (which is my recommendation), but they’ve also introduced a new rubber-and-kevlar strap that brings more color via the backing and contrast stitching. If you’re not amenable to bracelets, the choice of this strap will save you some coin. To wit, the rubber/kevlar strap runs for $1,900 or the titanium bracelet for $2,300. Though, one wonders why we don’t have a kit that nets you both for, say, $2,400 or so. Regardless, you can check it all out over at tutima.com
Tech Specs from Tutima
- Movement: Cal. Tutima 330
- Case: Solid pearl-blasted titanium
- Dial: Signal orange or yellow
- Band: Solid titanium bracelet with folding clasp or Rubber-/ kevlar strap with folding clasp
- Diameter: 44 mm
- Height: 13 mm
- Movement details: Automatic movement. Rotor with gold seal. 25 jewels. Polished screws. Power reserve when fully wound 38 hours.
- Functions: Date display. Hour, minute, sweep second, day of week.
- Dial details: SuperLumiNova-coated indices
- Case details: Pressure-tested to 50 bar. Unidirectionally rotatable bezel with calibrations and luminous marking point coated with SuperLumiNova. Sapphire crystal anti-reflective. Screw-in crown. Screw-in case back.