Timex is no doubt a brand you’re familiar with. We’ve written about them quite a bit, and we’ve all no doubt owned at least one or two at some point. The James Brand on the other hand may be new to you, unless you’re watching the world of well-designed every day carry (aka, EDC) items. Well, now they’re breaking through to more folks, and introducing a new watch, the The James Brand x Timex Expedition North.
The James Brand x Timex Expedition North is actually the first watch of (what we presume) more to come in the Expedition North lineup. And, for a first one out of the gate, there’s a lot to like. First off, it’s a titanium case, with sapphire crystals front and back. Which means – you guessed it – this is a Timex with an automatic movement (from Miyota). Viewed from the front, this is a very clean field watch. Branding on the dial is minimal (and that’s par for the course with The James Brand); the “flashiest” bit of things is the signed crown.
As fitting for a watch that’s meant to get adventurous, The James Brand x Timex Expedition North carries a 200m water resistance rating (just keep that crown screwed down), and comes paired on a nylon strap that also has titanium hardware. All in all, it makes for a very clean and tidy look, and we’ve no doubt that it will find fans from both of the brands. This new titanium field watch is available for $349 directly from timex.com or thejamesbrand.com.
Tech Specs from Timex
- NEW! Expedition North Collection from Timex (full collection launching FW21)
- Miyota 21-Jewel Automatic Movement
- Lightweight Titanium case
- Sapphire Crystal with Anti-Reflective Coating
- Screw-Down Case Back with Sapphire crystal exhibition window
- Screw Down Crown
- Date Window
- Super-LumiNova ® C3 luminescent infill on hands and dial
- Nylon Strap with tonal stitching and Titanium Hardware
- 200M Water Resistant
- 41mm Case / 20mm Lug Width